Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching a property set to objects

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wazzouz
495 Views, 3 Replies

Attaching a property set to objects

Hello Everyone,

I want to attach a property set for objects to a MV Block which is a toilet. I have created a PS definition and set to apply to objects and I have classified it as plumbing. When I go to the toilet MV Block to attach it, the property set does not even show there so I can attach it.

I have also created a similar PS definition and set it to apply to styles and definitions, and when I go to the toilet MV Block, that PS definitions shows.

Does anyone know how to attach the PS def for objects to the MV block, or know what might be going on.

Thank you for your help,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: wazzouz

Have you specified the "Plumbing" classification in the toilet's Multi-View Block Definition?  If not, ADT will not offer a Property Set Definition that is classified as "Plumbing" to it.  (I assume that the Property Set Defintion has been set to apply to Multi-View Block References.)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
wazzouz

Helllo David. You have answered questions for me before, and I appreciate it.

Yes, I have set both the MVB and the PS to be classified as plumbing. I have one PS that is called PlumbStyles and one that is called PlumbObjects. When I try to attach a PS to the toilet MVB, for example, the PlumbStyles shows up on the attach dialog, but the PlumbObjects does not. Both PS were created at thte same time; the only difference is the PlumbStyles is set to apply to styles and definitions and the PlumbObjects is set to apply to objects. Why will the PlumbStyles show up and not the PlumbObjects ? I prefer the PlumbObjects, but since it does not show up, I created PlumbStyles so at least I can have a schedule working.

Thanks again,

Wesley

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch

Object-based Property Sets can be attached by selecting the object(s) and, on the Extended Data tab of the Properties palette, choosing the Add Property Sets button.  You should be offered all of the object-based Property Sets in that drawing file that apply to that object type that are not already attached to that object.

Style-based Property Sets can be attached by editing the object's style or defintion, and, on the General tab, choosing the Property Sets button.  You should be offered all of the style-based Property Sets in that drawing file that apply to that style or definition type that have not already been attached to that style or defintion.

Are you using some other method?  Are you expecting object-based property sets to show up when editing the style or defintion?  Have you double-checked your object-based Property Set to verify that, on the Applies To tab, the Objects radio button is selected?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report