Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone running ADT on Intel Mac yet?

51 REPLIES 51
Message 1 of 52
luka
552 Views, 51 Replies

Anyone running ADT on Intel Mac yet?

I am extremely curious if anyone has already run ADT on Intel Mac with bootcamp, running Win XP. This will solve all my dilemma for my needs for both platform.

thank you

luka
51 REPLIES 51
Message 41 of 52
betazero
in reply to: luka

Additional info: The stores are big ones. Bestbuy & CircuitCity... who knows who else. Those are the two biggest electronics stores around me. They sell basically everything but the Mac Pro and the 30" display.
Message 42 of 52
bt-arch

So when you are running windows at full speed on your mac:

Are you using Windows or are you using a Mac? Paradoxically wondering...
Message 43 of 52
Anonymous

what is this boot camp? I have heard of the parrallel recently is that old or new?
Message 44 of 52
Anonymous

They did develope it but no one purchasaed it cause mac people had a better cheaper alternative called minicad.!
Message 45 of 52
JeffreyMcGrew

I say you're using Windows. I sometimes run Linux on my "Windows" laptop, and I don't call it 'using a Sager' or 'using Windows'... I say I'm using Linux. Don't see why it wouldn't be the same. You're using Windows, just on Apple hardware. After all, you don't say you're using your Dell...
Message 46 of 52
JeffreyMcGrew

Boot Camp = Tool from Apple that lets you install Windows XP on your Mac, and then dual-boot (i.e. choose one at boot time to use).

Parallels = Tool from a small company that lets you install and run Windows XP under OS X, so you can use both at the same time (and always boot OS X first).
Message 47 of 52
bt-arch

So I say as well. At some point the hardware just becomes generic and your experience is 100% software.

And poor Dell, to think that was a hip brand for while... We just get white boxes built to spec. So easy to maintain and upgrade.
Message 48 of 52
betazero

windows on a mac (Bootcamp). I didnt buy the $75 software to allow you to run inside Tiger/OS10. I will wait for the new Apple OS that has that built in. I guess that would be called Tigerwindows? (I dont know what their new OS is called)
Message 49 of 52
Antisthenes

for me it could never be 100% software i use a TabletPC

apple is gunna get punished for monopolism, read news on that, over the way
they control you with DRM.

wrote in message news:5431041@discussion.autodesk.com...
So I say as well. At some point the hardware just becomes generic and your
experience is 100% software.

And poor Dell, to think that was a hip brand for while... We just get white
boxes built to spec. So easy to maintain and upgrade.
Message 50 of 52
Antisthenes

the dirrerence is bootcamp lets you have full hardware support for graphics

and parallels only emulates the video hardware accel

wrote in message news:5430974@discussion.autodesk.com...
Boot Camp = Tool from Apple that lets you install Windows XP on your Mac,
and then dual-boot (i.e. choose one at boot time to use).

Parallels = Tool from a small company that lets you install and run Windows
XP under OS X, so you can use both at the same time (and always boot OS X
first).
Message 51 of 52
JeffreyMcGrew

uh... ok. Right. Not like Vista isn't chock full of DRM goodness.

Ahem.

Jeffrey
Message 52 of 52
betazero

I feel the power....the control......what is your bidding my master 🙂

Are we not on an Autodesk website (CAD monopoly) writing on a PC clone on Windows something (OS monopoly)....We need more Apple-Like competition (even if they are trying to monopolize mp3 players and digital content) to fuel some change. Why else would Vista look like a watered down Mac OS and Zune a fat and ugly ipod. Microsoft would have just left XP unchanged for another 10 years if Apple/Mac wasnt gaining market share.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report