Announcements
IMPORTANT. Forum in Read Only mode. You can no longer submit new questions or replies. Please read this message for details
Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior
Welcome to Autodesk’s Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007 & Prior topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5
Mazz
209 Views, 4 Replies

3D Eaves Detail

Hello

I'm having a lot of trouble getting used to roofs in ADT 2005. Attached is a 2D drawing of a typical 2D eaves detail that i should like to be able to create in ADT. if anyone could point me in the right direction for how to get this into 3D then i would appreciate it!

Thanks, Mazz
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Mazz

Mazz
This is easily achievable in VisionRez.

However I think you are in UK like me so VisionRez is not available for metric. Maybe a mass element shaped to replicate the pork chop bargeboard attached to plain roof edge and mirrored may be closest that can be achieved. Using fascia and soffit edge style may not work correctly for us as wallplate sits on inner wall skin and so soffit will cut through outer wall. You could set up cavity wall style with outer skin set lower but as fascia depth can vary you would have to adjust for each circumstance.
We can only hope for a metric version as Autocad has no interest in providing for residential users, their market for ADT is firmly in the large commercial enterprises.

TerryT
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,
I'm currently using ADT as oposed to Inventor, so as you I'm fairly new.

I don't really understand what you are asking....do you want to create an extruded profile which can be adapted to suit different roofs or one that is specific to one roof??
Message 4 of 5
Mazz

Extruded profile sounds good. it would be good to have a couple of standard roof types. or eaves details and be able to just have to change dimensions for each different situtiaon than have to create new profiles and details everytime..
Message 5 of 5
ridenho

Are you using roofs or roof slabs? If you right-click on the roof and convert to roof slabs, you will be able to add fascia and soffits. to individual slab edges. You will have to create a roof slab edge style for each type of edge you want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report