another funny thing i would like to understand.
The Surface Fillet Tool denies to build the fillet unless i do scale the parental surfaces to some odd scale factors.
All parental surfaces do intersect with scale factor 1 and represent valid surface sets. There also seems to exist a dependency between surface degree and nessesary scale factor. Surfaces of higher degree needs to be scaled less.
Also a bigger fillet radius seems to need more scaling. Sometimes (?).
Check the wire file, do some scaling and see what happens.
Is there some rule of thumb i do not know yet?
Well, without trying anything and just by observing your file i have 3 things to say:
1- Your construction options are not too tight. Have you tried to do what you want with catia V5 settings?
2- You have reversed surfaces. Check that out.
3- Your main slabs were overbuilt and thats fine, but since they are so simple, did you try to trim convert them? Try with natural surfaces.
Hmmm....I m not sure if I understood your post, but i didnt have time to try either,
Will my 3 observations help in any way? Try please, and return here with feedback.
thank you for bothering.
The model was build with p0.0001 t0.05 c0.05, i just switched the construction options for exporting the file.
But changing the construction option indeed has an effect on the fillet radius size i can build. This is all strange.
I do not understand what you mean with reversed surfaces.
But now i deleted all history, uniformed the surface direction of all "parental" surfaces. Still the same. I also built the cut out surfaces all new from planes with fillets, the phenomenon still occures...
The model is just a Dummy i made to reproduce the effect. Sure i know there are many ways to get this one model as i want it. But since this is happening during everyday work i just wondered what i might do wrong. So far i believed fillets depend on tangency of surface sets (according to construction options), intersection of surface sets and the fillet radius has to be smaller than the radius it cuts.
Maybe you got some more ideas when playing with the file...