Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing formats on Autodesk 360 Tech Preview

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
ukdxb012
1106 Views, 24 Replies

Viewing formats on Autodesk 360 Tech Preview

Hi,

What File Formats can you view on Autodesk 360 Tech Preview? I have loaded NWD and RVT so far but dont seem to be able to see the models, just the file uploaded. Does it take a certain amount of time to generate?

Regards,

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25

I forgot to ask... Is this internal training for your company?

Thanks again for all the great feedback and ideas.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 22 of 25

Hi Bud, this is internal training just now yes. We have built a new training center, and the 3D interactive animations using Inventor Publisher in 360 are really a big hit with people. A group can stand up and interact with the tools on the white board instead of just watching a video or reading a manual. Its much more engaging, and stays with people a lot longer than any traditional learning tools. 

It's a pity your existing 360 setup for deploying this is so unsecure/unmanagable in the browser for sharing the files forcing files to be downloadable, and especially with the iPad / iPhone implimentation of the viewer, you dont even need a password to view all the previously viewed files on it, so our IP is at risk with your entire 360 sytem as it stands just now. 

I have been telling Autodesk on forums for a while now, our software supplier [Symetri] was so impressed with the interactive 3D on the board that he's told you guys to come see it in the UK. The white board manufacturer had not seen it either. Were going to start using it for staff induction to introduce people to our core IP and the products we build and soon probably the fabrication guys will have iPads to view the products and parts before they fab them to reduce the risk of mistakes, all using Inventor Publisher. It might be in the field as well for the techs to use as an interactive manuals as well. 

I'm not sure you guys know what you have accidentaly created with this, as the interactive training is stunning to see, I come from game development making serious games for training, and this ticks most of the boxes in the simplest way to create it, but if for some reason you are dropping the functionality with the new release, you will find me knocking on your door to ask where its gone. 

I'm waiting for the 2015 version of Inventor Publisher to be a massive jump in usability and functionanlity across the board, as well as the iPad viewer, coupled with what I hope are significant improvements to security and management in 360 in the 3rd quarter. If for some reason the 3D .instruction format gets lost in all this and i cant use it or you guys think its not used much, so push it down the priority list, I'm going to kick up a massive fuss.

I'm developing next gen training and learning content here. I am not sure you know what potential this has yet!

Do me a favour, send this to the Inventor Publisher and 360 guys, they have a lot of work to do so I can WOW more people!

Regards, Steve

Steven Dewar | STATS Group | 3D Animator

Win7Ent-64-SP1 | 32GB | Intel Core i7-4770CPU@3.40GHz | Quadro 4000 GPU
Message 23 of 25

Hi Steve,

This is great feedback and I just forwarded it to the team. And thanks for sharing all the details with us.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 24 of 25
cblocher
in reply to: training

Hi Steve,

I'd be interested in hearing more about how you're using Autodesk 360 for your training purposes. (I work on the learning content for Autodesk 360 and am always looking for ideas.)

Please let me know if you'd like to discuss.

Thank you!

Chris

Chris Blocher
Content Strategist, CXD
Fusion 360 Product Documentation
Tags (2)
Message 25 of 25
training
in reply to: cblocher

Hi Chris, yea, I would love to talk to you about what I'm doing with your software, everyone that's seen it in operation has loved it as a new way to train and learn, we think retention engagement, learning and understanding of our products will be greatly enhanced by it.

You might find me a bit grouchy just now, as I'm having major issues with Inventor Publisher [as ever] crashing and being totally unreliable.
It's the core of what I'm doing and I'm really hoping that you're going to release a lot of major improvements across the Publisher software estate in Q3.
In conjunction with Inventor its far faster and better than using MAX. The upsides for me over using MAX are significant, apart from Publisher wasting 50% of my time.

How would you like to proceed? I have a couple of videos of the board in use by me, I think I will make one that's not so IP sensitive, so you can see what I'm talking about.
We're not going to be using it in the classroom soon for training.

HR would now like to use it for induction and an overview of the product range. Its more engaging than a video, and . There are a lot more ideas in the air going forwards as well.

I come from a gaming / serious games background, and there is a massive potential for this, for learning and assessment, especially in our sector.

Cheers, Steve

Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately. Whilst this email message has been swept by anti-virus software, you are solely responsible for ensuring that any email or attachment you receive is virus free. We disclaim liability for any damage you suffer as a consequence of receiving any virus
Please note that STATS Group monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

[http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9077/u19.png]

Steven Dewar

3D Animator

STATS House, Tofthills Way
Midmill Industrial Estate
Kintore, Aberdeen, UK
AB51 0QG
Tel +44 (0) 1224 772461
Fax +44 (0) 1224 772491

www.statsgroup.com

[http://imageshack.us/a/img841/1764/bc3i.png] Please consider the environment, think before you print.
Steven Dewar | STATS Group | 3D Animator

Win7Ent-64-SP1 | 32GB | Intel Core i7-4770CPU@3.40GHz | Quadro 4000 GPU

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report