Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder / Undo / Progress Bar / etc

Folder / Undo / Progress Bar / etc

Hi,

1. Can A360 has the ability to drag-n-drop a folder to upload all files & sub-folders (and keep the original folder structure, of course) at one shot? This will be much easier to upload whole batch of exising files. Currently I have to create folders and all sub-folders one by one which make me feel ridiculous...do I really have to build 50 folders manually?

2. I can see there's a prompt bar at top after each action done. Can we have "Undo" button here, just like what Gmail doing? I accidently dragged a folder and it moved into another folder but I'm not sure where it goes.

3. Can we have a tree structure view for all folders? This will let people have a whole picture easily, instead of go to every folder digging down again & again.

4. Progress Bar needs to show more information. Percentage and current/total bytes or file quantity.

5. I think it's better to let A360 remember the user's "Sort By" setting, for each person & each folder. Currently it will automatically go back to "Last Activity" once refresh/left current folder.

6. I'm using Google Chrome. The browser right click menu & A360 Action menu will pop up at same time and same place when I right click on a folder or file. A360 menu is covered by browser menu. Not sure if other browser will be like this.

7. I found that some combination keys like Ctrl & Shift are working on A360. Is it possible to have more functions, say press Del to delete selected files/folders?

8. Is it possible to let A360 access other online storage (like Google Drive, Dropbox) and retrieve files? Or even better, directly use and save files already on those online storage services?

3 Comments
Bud_Schroeder_ADESK
Autodesk Support
Status changed to: Accepted

celia.chan
Autodesk

Thanks for your feedback.  I want to assure you that there are few already on our list of things to work on and definitely got some new suggestions from you.  Thanks for that.

To address #3 of your feedback with regards to "Can we have a tree structure view for all folders? This will let people have a whole picture easily, instead of go to every folder digging down again & again."

We currently have that functionality exists.  You can access that from the Data (or Project Data Page) of A360.  There you can select the project folder > nested folders tree to directly take you to the folder you want to access.  

TopNav.png

Let me know if this is what you are looking for or you have any additional suggestion you can provide.

Thanks,

Celia

rajdeepg
Autodesk

In addition to what Celia mentions above, we have implemented a few more of your requests into the current release.

1. Drag and Drop Folder support on Google Chrome - You can drag and drop a folder on google chrome and it will upload the entire hierarchy keeping its directory structure in A360 Project Data.  Note that this drag and drop of folders only works on google chrome.
  2. Remember your settings - A360 does remember your sort and list type setting.  As you navigate into folders, this preference is remembered.
  3. Support for more short cut keys - We have now added support for a few more short cut keys:

• (Windows - Ctrl A: Mac - Command A) - Select all the items in a folder on the data page.
  • (Windows - Ctr C: Mac - Command C) - Copies the selected items if you have permission to copy the items selected.
  • Del - Deletes the selected items if you have permission to delete all the items selected.
  • Enter - the selected item is opened if one is selected.

Thanks again for your feedback and it is greatly appreciated.

Raj

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report