Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view/render autocad files (.dwg/.eps/.dwf) in android

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dotx.undherground
2779 Views, 4 Replies

How to view/render autocad files (.dwg/.eps/.dwf) in android

Does anyone successfully render/view the autocad files(dwg/dwf/eps) in android? or any particular libraries out there? I just want to display the drawing in android and be able to read the embedded gps location in that drawing, like it will match the current phone gps location to that location in the drawing and center the drawing's gps location relative to the phone screen. is it feasible? since autocad does not provide some sdk in mobiles? thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

First of all thanks for taking time out to post to the Autodesk 360 Mobile feedback portal. You can take a look at the current Autodesk 360 Mobile for Android on the Google App Store.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.autodesk.ADRViewer&hl=en

We are currently working on a newer version that includes the new Large Format Viewer, but there is no ETA on when this will be available yet. For now I would suggest that you download the current version and take it for a test drive. Here is the basic workflow to use it.

You want to create an Autodesk 360 WEB account.

http://360.autodesk.com

Then you want to create a folder and upload a couple test files. Once you can view these files on the WEB site then try them on your Android device and see if you are able to view them there as well. Note that you want to use Chrome or Firefox to be able to view most content on the WEB Site.

Right now we are not supporting GPS or Geotagging but I did pass that on to our Mobile Team to see if we are considering it in the future. I'm also not sure about EPS files, can you share with us what you are creating EPS files from and why you would want to be able to view them on the mobile device? Then we can share that with the team as well.

Last but not least this is the Autodesk 360 Mobile feedback portal, were you looking for the AutoCAD 360 Portal? Just wanted to make sure just in case that is what you are looking for. If that is the case I would still suggest checking out Autodesk 360 Mobile for viewing, we support a lot more viewing types then AutoCAD 360, but you can not edit them. Here is the link for AutoCAD 360 Mobile and please let us know more details from above.

Thanks again for posting to the Autodesk 360 Mobile Feedback Portal.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the reply, just ignore the .eps, I just thought it might help.

here's a scenario of the app that I am going to make.

"I have a drawing of a construction site that has some coordinates in it. when the user is in that area and open my app, the location of the user must be position in that drawing/site, and will follow the movement of the user."

I think it is the same gps functionality in autocad 360 which is "Use your device’s GPS to orient yourself within a drawing"

how will I accomplish this with my own app? Also does Autodesk Infrastructure MapServer (AIMS) can also help me achieve that kind of task? we would be happy if we can accomplish this with android or even in cloud/web that we can be able to view it in android and orient the user within the drawing. we are willing to subscribe if that will be a requirement.

I appreciate for any suggestion.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5

Thanks for posting your question. You are asking about API's and 3rd party development. This site is for helping end users with the Autodesk 360 Mobile Viewer. I am not sure who you would work with on this, or if we even support it. You may want to start with the Autodesk Developer Network ADN and see if there are any options to do this.

You may want to go to the Autodesk ADN site and see what options are available there.

http://www.autodesk.com/adn

Hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 5 of 5

I really appreciate for the response and I also want to apologize that I am in the wrong thread.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report