Community
A360 Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s A360 Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular A360 topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clipped blocks and xrefs not supported?

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rkmcswain
746 Views, 13 Replies

Clipped blocks and xrefs not supported?

Created a sample drawing containing a clipped block.

Uploaded to A360.

When I open it (browser or mobile), the full block is visible, the clipping is ignored.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Hi RK,

Welcome to the new Autodesk 360 Mobile site. You mention that this is also in the Autodesk 360 Tech Preview? Can you share a screen shot as well?

Thanks for posting to the new mobile site and let us know more details.

Bud Schroeder
AutoCAD Customer Council Beta Programs
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 3 of 14

Hey Bud.

Here is what it looks like in A360 mobile. That is the full drawing, ignoring the clip.

Screenshot_2014-06-06-09-28-15.png

Here is the same drawing, as previewed in A360 using a browser. Notice in the preview, the block is shown correctly clipped (almost the shape of a "T")

a360-browser-viewer.png

Here is the same drawing in the browser editor, again not clipped.

a360-browser-editor.png

Thanks.

Message 4 of 14
ukdxb012
in reply to: rkmcswain

Hi,

Is your issue with AutoCAD 360, not Autodesk 360?

Also, what version of the AutoCAD 360 app are you using? I ask because it looks like the older version.

Can you also confirm what mobile device you are using please.

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 14

Thanks Duncan and yes the screen shot shows AutoCAD 360.

RK, The AutoCAD 360 Team can be found in two locations.

eMAIL and what the team prefers:
feedback@autocad360.com

AutoCAD 360 Feedback Portal:
https://getsatisfaction.com/autocad360

Hope this helps get you pointed in the right direction. And if you have not done so already be sure to check out the Tech Preview and new Autodesk 360 mobile app. You can sign up at this location.

https://autodesk360.com/

Thanks again for the feedback and hope this helps out.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 6 of 14
rkmcswain
in reply to: ukdxb012

DuncanBrannan82 wrote:
Is your issue with AutoCAD 360, not Autodesk 360?

Smiley Very Happy  I guess I'm not sure.

I wish someone could explain to me the difference.

Message 7 of 14

Hi RK,

The simplest answer is that Autodesk 360 is a viewer, no editing, and supports a lot more file formats. AutoCAD 360 is an Editor and more of a mobile and WEB version of AutoCAD.

If you are using an iOS app check out the new Autodesk 360 mobile app. It's work in progress and why we are leaving the older version on your system. But it works with the Tech Preview and so it's designed more around collaboration.

Hope that helps 😉 and thanks for all the updates.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 8 of 14

Thanks Bud.

So I downloaded Autodesk 360 (for Android) and logged into my account. Under Activities, I see the DWG file I uploaded earlier. I tap this area and it takes me to "Related Data", with a screen that says "Preview not Available"

What am I doing wrong?
Message 9 of 14

Hi RJ,

That's the older Mobile viewer, we won't have the new viewer ready for Android for a bit, but the team is working on it.

Is this the AutoCAD file that you uploaded? Can you share it with me? bud.schroeder@autodesk.com Also go to the Autodesk 360 site and see if you can view the file there. If it's not viewing there it won't view on the mobile device. Go to this site...

http://360.autodesk.com

Thanks and let me know how this goes.
Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 10 of 14

bud.schroeder wrote:

Can you share it with me?

Also go to the Autodesk 360 site and see if you can view the file there.

1. Yes, I have shared it with you.
  2. The 2nd and 3rd images I posted above were from 360.autodesk.com. The preview looks right, the editor does not.
Message 11 of 14

Hi RK,

I am able to open this up on my Nexus 7 tablet and it looks right. It also looks right on the Autodesk 360 Project.  I uploaded it to the Tech Preview as well, but it's still generating that preview.  

So you want to check with the AutoCAD 360 team, since that seems to be the only location that is not displaying properly.  

Thanks for sharing the file. 

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 12 of 14

bud.schroeder wrote:

I am able to open this up on my Nexus 7 tablet and it looks right. It also looks right on the Autodesk 360 Project.

So you want to check with the AutoCAD 360 team, since that seems to be the only location that is not displaying properly.  

Pardon the negativity here, but this is confusing.... and I happen know a little about what goes on there at the 'desk.  Smiley Wink

I think your average Joe out there is going to be confused also.

So Autodesk 360 has it's own viewer (with different code behind the scenes obviously) and it works fine, but AutoCAD360 is a viewer/editor into itself and it fails to render the file correctly.

Putting on my consumer hat, I suppose I'm expecting files I have in Autodesk 360 to launch (view/edit/whatever) in the same viewer/editor that I might see if I use AutoCAD360, but this is not the case, correct?

If you explained who your target customers are for each product, that would help me. IOW, why do I want to use Autodesk 360 and/or AutoCAD 360? Do I need both? Is Autodesk 360 just the next Buzzsaw, and AutoCAD 360 a cloud based CAD system?

Thanks for all your help Bud.

Message 13 of 14

Hi RK,

The AutoCAD 360 uses some of the storage and underlying code, but yes they are still different because AutoCAD 360 edits and Autodesk 360 views. This just looks like a defect for the AutoCAD 360 Team.

As to why you need both. If you want to edit files, you already have the tools for that. But if you wanted to share files with a client or someone else, then they would need a desktop viewer. With Autodesk 360 you can share these files with people that do not currently have the desktop package. They can create comments and post comment back. So yes Autodesk 360 and more so Autodesk 360 Tech Preview is a collaboration tool so that you can share with others.

Have you checked out the Tech Preview yet? BTW I verified that it displays correctly there too.

Hope this helps and let me know if you want any more details.

And thanks for sharing the file and all the details.

Bud Schroeder
Autodesk Inc.

Autodesk Beta Programs!

Message 14 of 14

Hi,

I was actually part of the Beta program for AutoCAD 360 and I don't believe the old or new AutoCAD 360 apps supported xclips or clipped blocks. I have however raised this for consideration in a future release hopefully 🙂

Regards,

Duncan

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report