Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

universal changes of entities

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
pks123
240 Views, 4 Replies

universal changes of entities

How can I change the entities of multiple objects.
For instance, if I have drawn a number of different lines in the drawing and then decide that I want to change the width of ALL the lines to the same width. How can I do this without having to edit each line. Ideally I'd be able to simply click on each line to update the width.
Using: AutoSketch 8
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pks123

Select the entities you wish to change. Right mouse click>Entities. Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "pks123" wrote in message news:12452754.1095122687786.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > How can I change the entities of multiple objects. > For instance, if I have drawn a number of different lines in the drawing > and then decide that I want to change the width of ALL the lines to the > same width. How can I do this without having to edit each line. Ideally > I'd be able to simply click on each line to update the width. > Using: AutoSketch 8
Message 3 of 5
pks123

Yes, that changes one entity at a time. But I want to be able to change ALL line widths, for example, with just by setting the general thickness parameter and just clicking (once) on each object. Otherwise I have to go in and change the parameter manually for each entity. Quite cumbersome.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

The Edit Entities dialog will change all selected entities. If more than one entity is selected an icon for the dialog box will appear in the edit menu. It's really nice to use for moving entities to different layers. IE you can move an object to a hidden layer with out making that layer current. I put an icon in a custom menu so I can get it without right clicking or going through the Edit menu. Rod "pks123" wrote in message news:22023913.1095156215052.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Yes, that changes one entity at a time. But I want to be able to change ALL line widths, for example, with just by setting the general thickness parameter and just clicking (once) on each object. Otherwise I have to go in and change the parameter manually for each entity. Quite cumbersome.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

If you want to select all lines to change them you can use Edit Select Modify Selection Qualifier Type Line to select all the the lines. Once selected, alt click lets you change them all. pks123 wrote: > Yes, that changes one entity at a time. But I want to be able to change ALL line widths, for example, with just by setting the general thickness parameter and just clicking (once) on each object. Otherwise I have to go in and change the parameter manually for each entity. Quite cumbersome.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report