Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snapping to the grid

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KentC
242 Views, 2 Replies

snapping to the grid

I've had Autosketch 8 for a week now. I'm familiar with several types of drawing programs so that has helped me but there are still some questions I have and the documentation for this program is less than comprehensive. I was hoping someone here could help me answer what is probably an obvious question.

If I have an entity, such as a line, how do I snap it to the grid? I have tried all of the snap commands but haven't been successful. In other drawing programs I've used they have a snap to grid command. You select an entity and choose snap to grid. What is the Autosketch command for this?

Thanks for helping a new user.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: KentC

> I've had Autosketch 8 for a week now. I'm familiar with several types of drawing programs so that has helped me but there are still some questions I have and the documentation for this program is less than comprehensive. I was hoping someone here could help me answer what is probably an obvious question. > > If I have an entity, such as a line, how do I snap it to the grid? I have tried all of the snap commands but haven't been successful. In other drawing programs I've used they have a snap to grid command. You select an entity and choose snap to grid. What is the Autosketch command for this? > > Thanks for helping a new user. "G" is the keyboard command to turn Grid Snap on/off (also G icon in the snap toolbar normally located just left of the drawing screen) Press G then select your line (Click on it) Drag from the center of the line, and the center of the line will snap to the grid Grab a vertice at the end of a line (little green box) (handle) and drag it to a grid point and, you can use translate to move the endpoint of a line to the grid, another end point, etc... keeping the line(s) as drawn. Dave
Message 3 of 3
KentC
in reply to: KentC

Thanks Dave. I really hate the poor documentation this program has. I'm one of those guys who really does read the manual. Other than that I really like Autosketch.

I'll probably come back frequently until I really learn this thing. I haven't been able to find a more detailed Autosketch book, does anyone know of one?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report