AutoSketch

r.piras
Message 1 of 15 (946 Views)

convert drafix .cad

946 Views, 14 Replies
05-18-2004 07:10 AM
hi all
i got a really big problem that needs a solution.
in the far 1993 i drawed something with drafix windows cad and (shame on me) saved it in the *.cad-format.

is maybe anybody from you able to convert this files into a normal format like *.dxf?
would be very kind if there is a workaround for this

regards
renato // cologne
*Len Rafuse
Message 2 of 15 (946 Views)

Re: convert drafix .cad

05-18-2004 01:12 PM in reply to: r.piras
If you still have drafix, it should be able to make a DXF you can use. AutoSketch and QuickCAD can read Drafix version 4 files and convert to DWG or DXF. 1993 sounds like it might be Drafix 3.x. Not sure if that will open in AutoSketch. Post a small file and I can check it out. r.piras wrote: > hi all > i got a really big problem that needs a solution. > in the far 1993 i drawed something with drafix windows cad and (shame on me) saved it in the *.cad-format. > > is maybe anybody from you able to convert this files into a normal format like *.dxf? > would be very kind if there is a workaround for this > > regards > renato // cologne
*Barry Higginbottom
Message 3 of 15 (946 Views)

05-18-2004 02:26 PM in reply to: r.piras
On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:12:25 -0400, Len Rafuse wrote: > 1993 sounds like it might be Drafix 3.x. Not sure if that will open in > AutoSketch. >> is maybe anybody from you able to convert this files into a normal format like *.dxf? >> would be very kind if there is a workaround for this I have a copy of Drafix CAD 4.11 installed which *should* open 3.x files, I'll be happy to help.. -- Best regards Barry
r.piras
Message 4 of 15 (946 Views)

05-21-2004 04:49 AM in reply to: r.piras
Hi Mr. Rafuse and Mr. Higginbottom

I'm really sorry i didn't see further your messages.
I am very pleased to hear that you will try to help me.

To put it bluntly it's a matter of the architect's plan from my fathers house in Sardinia/It.

It would assist us greatly!

Maybe you can send me an e-mail so i got your address and i can send the files.

best regards
Renato

renato(_at_)buero10.de
*Len Rafuse
Message 5 of 15 (946 Views)

05-25-2004 05:05 AM in reply to: r.piras
Email is in previous posts. r.piras wrote: > Hi Mr. Rafuse and Mr. Higginbottom > > I'm really sorry i didn't see further your messages. > I am very pleased to hear that you will try to help me. > > To put it bluntly it's a matter of the architect's plan from my fathers house in Sardinia/It. > > It would assist us greatly! > > Maybe you can send me an e-mail so i got your address and i can send the files. > > best regards > Renato > > renato(_at_)buero10.de
Delbert
Message 6 of 15 (946 Views)

12-10-2004 10:38 AM in reply to: r.piras
In the late 1980's I used DrafixCAD (DOS) and created a number of .DWG files (gosh, I wish I had saved them in .DFX format). In the early '90, I changed jobs and have not done CAD since. I now need some of the files that I created then, but AutoCAD 2000i will not open these files. I have tried to reinstall my old version of Drafix, but I cannot get it working properly. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to convert these old files. Many thanks.

-Delbert Hall
*Paul Jackson
Message 7 of 15 (946 Views)

12-10-2004 05:29 PM in reply to: r.piras
Hello I have never used the Drafix DOS CAD files, but have you tried AutoSketch to open these files? Also I don't mind if you send me a file as I have old versions of Drafix that I may be able to do something with, and then let you know if there is a better answer. Paul J "Delbert" wrote in message news:31184434.1102703924192.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > In the late 1980's I used DrafixCAD (DOS) and created a number of .DWG files (gosh, I wish I had saved them in .DFX format). In the early '90, I changed jobs and have not done CAD since. I now need some of the files that I created then, but AutoCAD 2000i will not open these files. I have tried to reinstall my old version of Drafix, but I cannot get it working properly. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to convert these old files. Many thanks. > > -Delbert Hall
*Ric Norris
Message 8 of 15 (946 Views)

12-10-2004 08:49 PM in reply to: r.piras
AutoCAD 2000i was considered to be a lemon.....this may not be helping your cause. It sounds like you need some old clapped out machine (286/386) that is more DOS friendly and installing DOS & Drafix on it (I have had a look through my old remaining floppies and unfortunately can't help you with the DOS program). Paul has offered some assistance. As I also like a challenge....here's a long shot. It appears the problem stems from the old .dwg format (release 9 or 10...???). I have a Generic CADD conversion utility that will handle AutoCAD R10 files. Perhaps they could be put through the ringer in this way. Feel free to send me a file and I too will have look. Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Delbert" wrote in message news:31184434.1102703924192.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > In the late 1980's I used DrafixCAD (DOS) and created a number of .DWG > files (gosh, I wish I had saved them in .DFX format). In the early '90, > I changed jobs and have not done CAD since. I now need some of the files > that I created then, but AutoCAD 2000i will not open these files. I have > tried to reinstall my old version of Drafix, but I cannot get it working > properly. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to convert these old > files. Many thanks. > > -Delbert Hall
*BJH
Message 9 of 15 (946 Views)

12-11-2004 07:00 AM in reply to: r.piras
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:38:13 GMT, Delbert wrote: > In the late 1980's I used DrafixCAD (DOS) and created a number of .DWG > files (gosh, I wish I had saved them in .DFX format). In the early > '90, I changed jobs and have not done CAD since. I now need some of the > files that I created then, but AutoCAD 2000i will not open these files. > I have tried to reinstall my old version of Drafix, but I cannot get it > working properly. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to convert > these old files. Many thanks. The Softdesk version of Drafix Cad for Windows v4.0 will open your Drafix Ultra dwg files (these are not AutoCad format) and then save them as something else, DrafixCAD, AutoCAD, etc. I'm sure Paul will have this program available, but if he doesn't let me know and I'll convert them for you. BTW, Cad Ultra used to include a command line utility to batch convert dwg files to dxf. Haven't you got a copy on the installation disks? -- Best regards Barry
hypertech
Message 10 of 15 (946 Views)

12-12-2004 07:25 AM in reply to: r.piras
Hey there, I know what ya mean, some programs we don't let go of !! send me a small file and I will see if I can crack it for you
crosby_a@hotmail.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community