Did you mean: 

convert drafix .cad

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
r.piras
2806 Views, 14 Replies

convert drafix .cad

hi all
i got a really big problem that needs a solution.
in the far 1993 i drawed something with drafix windows cad and (shame on me) saved it in the *.cad-format.

is maybe anybody from you able to convert this files into a normal format like *.dxf?
would be very kind if there is a workaround for this

regards
renato // cologne
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: r.piras

If you still have drafix, it should be able to make a DXF you can use. AutoSketch and QuickCAD can read Drafix version 4 files and convert to DWG or DXF. 1993 sounds like it might be Drafix 3.x. Not sure if that will open in AutoSketch. Post a small file and I can check it out. r.piras wrote: > hi all > i got a really big problem that needs a solution. > in the far 1993 i drawed something with drafix windows cad and (shame on me) saved it in the *.cad-format. > > is maybe anybody from you able to convert this files into a normal format like *.dxf? > would be very kind if there is a workaround for this > > regards > renato // cologne
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

On Tue, 18 May 2004 16:12:25 -0400, Len Rafuse wrote: > 1993 sounds like it might be Drafix 3.x. Not sure if that will open in > AutoSketch. >> is maybe anybody from you able to convert this files into a normal format like *.dxf? >> would be very kind if there is a workaround for this I have a copy of Drafix CAD 4.11 installed which *should* open 3.x files, I'll be happy to help.. -- Best regards Barry
Message 4 of 15
r.piras

Hi Mr. Rafuse and Mr. Higginbottom

I'm really sorry i didn't see further your messages.
I am very pleased to hear that you will try to help me.

To put it bluntly it's a matter of the architect's plan from my fathers house in Sardinia/It.

It would assist us greatly!

Maybe you can send me an e-mail so i got your address and i can send the files.

best regards
Renato

renato(_at_)buero10.de
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Email is in previous posts. r.piras wrote: > Hi Mr. Rafuse and Mr. Higginbottom > > I'm really sorry i didn't see further your messages. > I am very pleased to hear that you will try to help me. > > To put it bluntly it's a matter of the architect's plan from my fathers house in Sardinia/It. > > It would assist us greatly! > > Maybe you can send me an e-mail so i got your address and i can send the files. > > best regards > Renato > > renato(_at_)buero10.de
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

In the late 1980's I used DrafixCAD (DOS) and created a number of .DWG files (gosh, I wish I had saved them in .DFX format). In the early '90, I changed jobs and have not done CAD since. I now need some of the files that I created then, but AutoCAD 2000i will not open these files. I have tried to reinstall my old version of Drafix, but I cannot get it working properly. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to convert these old files. Many thanks.

-Delbert Hall
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Hello I have never used the Drafix DOS CAD files, but have you tried AutoSketch to open these files? Also I don't mind if you send me a file as I have old versions of Drafix that I may be able to do something with, and then let you know if there is a better answer. Paul J "Delbert" wrote in message news:31184434.1102703924192.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > In the late 1980's I used DrafixCAD (DOS) and created a number of .DWG files (gosh, I wish I had saved them in .DFX format). In the early '90, I changed jobs and have not done CAD since. I now need some of the files that I created then, but AutoCAD 2000i will not open these files. I have tried to reinstall my old version of Drafix, but I cannot get it working properly. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to convert these old files. Many thanks. > > -Delbert Hall
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

AutoCAD 2000i was considered to be a lemon.....this may not be helping your cause. It sounds like you need some old clapped out machine (286/386) that is more DOS friendly and installing DOS & Drafix on it (I have had a look through my old remaining floppies and unfortunately can't help you with the DOS program). Paul has offered some assistance. As I also like a challenge....here's a long shot. It appears the problem stems from the old .dwg format (release 9 or 10...???). I have a Generic CADD conversion utility that will handle AutoCAD R10 files. Perhaps they could be put through the ringer in this way. Feel free to send me a file and I too will have look. Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Delbert" wrote in message news:31184434.1102703924192.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > In the late 1980's I used DrafixCAD (DOS) and created a number of .DWG > files (gosh, I wish I had saved them in .DFX format). In the early '90, > I changed jobs and have not done CAD since. I now need some of the files > that I created then, but AutoCAD 2000i will not open these files. I have > tried to reinstall my old version of Drafix, but I cannot get it working > properly. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to convert these old > files. Many thanks. > > -Delbert Hall
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 18:38:13 GMT, Delbert wrote: > In the late 1980's I used DrafixCAD (DOS) and created a number of .DWG > files (gosh, I wish I had saved them in .DFX format). In the early > '90, I changed jobs and have not done CAD since. I now need some of the > files that I created then, but AutoCAD 2000i will not open these files. > I have tried to reinstall my old version of Drafix, but I cannot get it > working properly. Can anyone tell me how I might be able to convert > these old files. Many thanks. The Softdesk version of Drafix Cad for Windows v4.0 will open your Drafix Ultra dwg files (these are not AutoCad format) and then save them as something else, DrafixCAD, AutoCAD, etc. I'm sure Paul will have this program available, but if he doesn't let me know and I'll convert them for you. BTW, Cad Ultra used to include a command line utility to batch convert dwg files to dxf. Haven't you got a copy on the installation disks? -- Best regards Barry
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Hey there, I know what ya mean, some programs we don't let go of !! send me a small file and I will see if I can crack it for you
crosby_a@hotmail.com
Message 11 of 15
flyguy

Paul, Ric, and Barry,

Thanks. I zipped one of my .DWG files (9KB) and tried to attach it to this message, but I kept getting an error. So, I created an FTP account so you could download as many files as you wanted to try and convert. You can do this with any FTP client.

The IP is: 151.141.64.44
User ID is: drafix
Passaword is: autocad

Any files that you convert can be uploaded to the "Converted files" sub-directory.

Thanks.

-Delbert
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:54:15 GMT, flyguy wrote: > Any files that you convert can be uploaded to the "Converted files" > sub-directory. Try out Fig10_Convert.dwg I can load in AutoCad 2002 no problem. If its OK for you I'll do the rest. -- Regards Barry
Message 13 of 15
flyguy

Barry,

YOU DA MAN!!!! That worked great. Many, many thanks.

-Delbert
Message 14 of 15
fher77

How i get a copy of Drafix cad Pro 4.1?
Please
Message 15 of 15
levi

Barry,

We have some .dwg files that were created in Drafix 1. We REALLY need to get them opened and you seem to be the only hope. Can you please help me?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report