AutoSketch

AutoSketch

turkboys
Message 1 of 1 (874 Views)

XREF - Opening DWG file in AutoSketch 10

874 Views, 0 Replies
09-28-2012 08:40 AM

I just had an architect email me a set of drawings for a new construction project and there are many files. One file is the wall, one is the floor plan, etc. When I open autosketch 10, then click 'file - open' and point toward the directory with the DWG files, I can preview every file and I can see that they look like normal CAD. But, when I open any of the DWG files using autosketch, I see text in the window space where I expect to see CAD drawing. Text like this:

Xref N:\trinity\estimating drawing (8-24-10)Dwgs\Wall Section\Wall Section 2.dwg

I am more used to being emailed 1 file and then having many layers on that file. I'm not used to being emailed 15 individual files that are somehow linked by layers. What do I need to do to be able to open this? Something about 'binding'?

Thanks for the help. I've attached one of the CAD files for anyone to poke at.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.