Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8.1 Problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ispud
1680 Views, 5 Replies

Windows 8.1 Problems

I recently installed version 9 on my new computer with windows 8.1.  I can survive with this but have some problems.  When I open one of the drop downs about color, or line tyoe, or line thickness parts of that window stay on the screen and the only way to get rid of them is to restart the program.  Any solutions for this??  Is there an autosketch that is made for windows 8.1?

Thanks for you help.

Jack

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: ispud

Autosketch died a long time ago: Win7/8/Win8.1 are much newer and not supported.

See if Microsoft has any tips on running old software in new unsupported operating systems.
Message 3 of 6
the1Steve

I have/had the same problem but in addition to the screen garbage that persists the drop down menus dont work at all on my extended destop monitor. I have/had to drag the window back to the laprtop to use the menus!

Also just discovered that cant open a skf file by clicking on it. Have to open it from inside autosketch (9).

Was totally shocked to see that the upgrade is now $250 when this software was in $100 range before.

They are obviously screwing everybody that is being forced to switch to win 8 computers.

However while writing this I went back and tried the Win 8 Compatability wizard again.  For now the screen and extended desktop problems seem to be ok on a brief test drawing. (keep trying the wizard and let it try to set you up in win xp mode. it then shows a list of possible problems. I clicked other since those were not my problems. It made setting changes and then you do a test. If successful you complete, if not successfull I assume it may try other changes)

dont know if it will last.  

But the file associations still dont allow opening a file by clicking on it.  I saw in some other forum that this is problem that may not have a solution.

Would appreciate it if there is one !! Anyone?

Message 4 of 6
the1Steve
in reply to: the1Steve

well I was wrong . the screen problems with autosketch 9 in win 8.1 are still happening.  It seems to be specifically related to

drop down menus on Toolbars only.  The standard file,edit.view menus work.  but the properties toolbar with color, line size etc does not

release menus and leaves screen garbage when trying.  This may only be the case on my extended desktop. when I detach the toolbar and put it on

the laptop screen it works ok. however still do have some screen fragments on the laptop screen from unkown sourse.

Message 5 of 6
ispud
in reply to: the1Steve

I live with it. I don't change any of that stuff to avoid having to shut
down and restart the the program. In the print menus you can click them
and then move up or down with arrow keys. I tried 2 other programs but
didn't want to go thru the learning process. Autosketch is perfect for me.

--
*Jack Sherlock*
Jack's Metal Works
508 E 46th Street
208-375-5272

Off Chinden towards the river.
8 to 4:30 M thru F
Message 6 of 6
the1Steve

Thanks!

I hadnt thought to get in through the master menus.  Not too bad a workaround, although slow.

Ill try and use property painter more also. maybe create a one button property painter toolbar and draw a bunch

of lines with the attributes and colors Im likely to use and stash them in a corner together!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums