AutoSketch

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 21 of 28 (1,645 Views)

Re: Windows 7 vs Autosketch

12-28-2012 05:28 PM in reply to: tom

"not supported" does not mean you can't or shouldn't use it with newer Windows versions: it simply means they spent no money on testing and have no plans to fix any future problems if they crop up.

Know the difference.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
gregmacp
Message 22 of 28 (1,583 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: pendean
The issue I have with AutoSketch on the Windows 7 OS is that it is impossible to execute a "Save As" command, making it impossible to copy one file to another. Making it unusable in Windows 7. So what they are doing selling the program at all is beyond me if they refuse to support the program or even address the issue of newer operating systems. And now there is Windows 8. And the price for AutoSketch 10, which won't work on Win7 or Win8, has recently had a price increase. Heck of a way to run a railroad. Bring back Drafix! Greg MacPherson c:917-679-0565 e: macpherson.greg@gmail.com
tom
Message 23 of 28 (1,583 Views)

01-15-2013 06:07 PM in reply to: pendean
Thank you for your response. However; I was told that Autosketch 10 would not work and could not be used with Windows 7 or 8 as they are 64 bit programs and the code will not work.
Message 24 of 28 (1,477 Views)

02-10-2013 04:27 AM in reply to: Frodad

Try 'right clicking' on programme icon, then click on 'run as administrator' You should then be able to open the file clicking on it. 

Roger Hynam

Message 25 of 28 (1,164 Views)

04-07-2013 08:17 AM in reply to: tom

Just a quick note - I also was able to install Drafix on a Dell w/ Wdws7 64bit w/ no problem,

However, in the last month I have developed 2 gliches, which I am assuming is because of an auto MS update:

1) Help menu is no longer available/supported

2) My mouse pointer is no longer accurate unless I zoom right in on a line or object.  If I point to a line it accepts a line nearby instead - darn frustrating as it has really slowed down drawing time.

Any comments on a fix?

Also, thinking of converting old drawings into a more current version before totally out-dated.  Sounds like AutoSketch may be able to accept Drafix - worthwhile pruchasing? and what version?

My daughter has both Chief Architect and SoftPlan - thinking of trying to dump into those as well as DWG's or DXF's.

Love Drafix for its simplicity yet w/ many features - above all it is user-friendly - learned to use it in one night years ago - nothing else seems as intuitive - wish they could have stuck around and developed a 3-D version.

I haven't looked at AutoSketch - maybe it is close to the same for being easy to use.

Thank you.

John

Message 26 of 28 (842 Views)

07-29-2013 11:30 PM in reply to: CrossCountryDesigns

Hi all....some great news for anyone who finds this thread and is still stuck.

I just moved from a 32 bit XP machine to a 64 win7 machine. My skf files migrated with the windows easy transfer file but not any authentication code for autosketch 9. I tried installing from my CD but got stuck at the enter validation code part (I sensibly kept only the cd and sleeve).

I left a message with autodesk australia asking for help but of course that got ignored. :smileyindifferent:
I spent a few hours searching for any packaging I may have had for the autosketch disc but of course that is long gone. I spent some hours trying to find if the authentication code might be saved on the old xp machine and where it might be hiding. I spent some time trying to find something else that would open all my skf files.
Here's the laughably fantastic part...I inserted the cd into the win7 machine and simply entered as many numbers as I could off the inner part of the disc (only able to enter about half the numbers). To my amazement the program installed!! :smileyvery-happy:
When I open autosketch it asks if I want to register the product now or later...I clicked later and don't bother me again.
Files won't open directly but rather autosketch must be open first and then select a file to work on. Then it is all business as usual.
I'll be converting all my files to dwg or something and getting the hell out of dodge :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 27 of 28 (831 Views)

07-30-2013 06:08 AM in reply to: Tripod979
Nice: thanks for sharing.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Frodad
Message 28 of 28 (825 Views)

07-30-2013 09:49 AM in reply to: Tripod979
Sweet - best suggestion yet!!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community