Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tutorial Help w/Ver9

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
218 Views, 2 Replies

Tutorial Help w/Ver9

I find the resources for learning Auto Sketch offered by Autodesk to be woefully inadequate!!! Does anyone know of a good source for someone new to this software?

This, taken from their web site is a complete joke! "A series of tutorials get you up and running fast" I wonder if the software engineers ever watched someone who has never worked with a CAD program try to learn this from scratch?

I believe the program is good and will do what it says, but the support from Autodesk is simply awful!! Ramping up your skill level to be proficient with Auto Sketch V9 will take an enormous amount of time.

I really want to use the program, but I'm very dissappointed with what Autodesk offers to support it.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think that you're right on both counts...good software, weak support. A few notes:

Make sure you've found the manual on the CD (a pdf). I got started on AS by reading that.

There's a book that's been highly regarded on this forum "Hands on a House" albeit on an older version of AS. I don't know much about it except to search the previous posts which you can do.

Finally, I found this discussion group including previous posts and the experts that answer on it to be very helpful.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

elginfreeman wrote:
> I find the resources for learning Auto Sketch offered by Autodesk to be woefully inadequate!!! Does anyone know of a good source for someone new to this software?
>
> This, taken from their web site is a complete joke! "A series of tutorials get you up and running fast" I wonder if the software engineers ever watched someone who has never worked with a CAD program try to learn this from scratch?
>
> I believe the program is good and will do what it says, but the support from Autodesk is simply awful!! Ramping up your skill level to be proficient with Auto Sketch V9 will take an enormous amount of time.
>
> I really want to use the program, but I'm very dissappointed with what Autodesk offers to support it.

Go to www.resolv.com.au and write to Paul
directly. He'll send you the book Hands On A House
for USD money.

_h

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report