Did you mean: 

Turning lines into walls

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
JimBenson
580 Views, 1 Reply

Turning lines into walls

I bought autosketch 10 some time ago.

I haven't been able touse it for what I wished for a couple of reasonas.

The cheif impedimanrt at this point is that I can't figure how to get a floor play starting from their templates (and to tell the truth, I don't wish to)

To me, the best option would be to create a line drawing, then transform the lines into walls, then insert windows, doors fixztures and appliances.

It sems to me that this should be possible.

Any help of hints would be greatly appreciated.

I also had trouble getting windows the size i wanted. I asked about that some time ago, and received a partial answer, but have not been able to look it up.

For the moment, I'd be very happy just to get turn a line drawing into walls.

Thanks,

Jim

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
hnsmith
in reply to: JimBenson

Jim,
As a start, you can try the LineDouble tool, it's in the fly-out under Line Single. When you choose that tool, the Edit Bar will pop up and have various options (double line widths, etc) to choose. You can try a window from the sampler library, either side view or front. See if that gets you going.
Don't forget to join the various wall faces after you place them.
_h

@JimBenson wrote:

I bought autosketch 10 some time ago.

I haven't been able touse it for what I wished for a couple of reasonas.

The cheif impedimanrt at this point is that I can't figure how to get a floor play starting from their templates (and to tell the truth, I don't wish to)

To me, the best option would be to create a line drawing, then transform the lines into walls, then insert windows, doors fixztures and appliances.

It sems to me that this should be possible.

Any help of hints would be greatly appreciated.

I also had trouble getting windows the size i wanted. I asked about that some time ago, and received a partial answer, but have not been able to look it up.

For the moment, I'd be very happy just to get turn a line drawing into walls.

Thanks,

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report