Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training and Tutorials

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RoofingConsultantsLTD
364 Views, 5 Replies

Training and Tutorials

The support for this product really seems to be lacking. I have been playing around with AS10 now for the better part of a week. I am generally ok with learning new software, but this has been a bit of a frustrating process. I really like AS10 and some of its features, but finding answers seems to be a huge task.

When will professional training materials and tutorials be released for this software? Maybe it is a ridiculous question but, is there anyone who has an extensive knowledge of AS10 that can come in person for a few hours and train? (Milwaukee, WI area)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Yes, I can come for a few hours, but not by train, it's gotta be by jet from London To Chicago! I can make any couple of days you name between Jan and March!
Message 3 of 6

If you can use AutoCAD up to 2008 ('09 and '10 have changed their interface, though '09 may be able to be changed back) you can quickly learn 'sketch.

Is there someone you know that uses AutoCAD? Consider a short course at a technical school/community college.
Message 4 of 6

Most likely good <= 1 day on-site training would end up in the $1k - $2k range even if the person was not next door, but not too far from you. If your company would not value it at that level, you might try learning it by other means.

Responding on that 2nd response, don't know Autocad, but other respondents have said several times that the user interface is very different between AutoCad and AutoSketch.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RoofingConsultantsLTD

> Responding on that 2nd response, don't know Autocad, but other
> respondents have said several times that the >user interface is very
> different between AutoCad and AutoSketch.

It is. Even back to 2000i. Some buttons look similar, but that is where
the similarity ends. AS has functions that ACAD doesn't and ACAD has many,
many functions that AS doesn't.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: RoofingConsultantsLTD

Why don't you look back a few posts, i uploaded a getting started guide
for autosketch, it could help. Then again maybe it won't. For a novice
it could be useful though.

RoofingConsultantsLTD wrote:
> The support for this product really seems to be lacking. I have been playing around with AS10 now for the better part of a week. I am generally ok with learning new software, but this has been a bit of a frustrating process. I really like AS10 and some of its features, but finding answers seems to be a huge task.
>
> When will professional training materials and tutorials be released for this software? Maybe it is a ridiculous question but, is there anyone who has an extensive knowledge of AS10 that can come in person for a few hours and train? (Milwaukee, WI area)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report