AutoSketch

Reply
*Ray McIntosh
Message 1 of 27 (557 Views)

Thumbnail views

557 Views, 26 Replies
10-03-2006 04:14 AM
Hello,
I have thumbnail views with most files in explorer but not with autosketch.
I had thumbnail views with autosketch on my last PC.
Can anyone help with this please.

Ray
*BJH
Message 2 of 27 (557 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-03-2006 07:45 AM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:14:42 +0000, Ray McIntosh wrote:

> I have thumbnail views with most files in explorer but not with autosketch.
> I had thumbnail views with autosketch on my last PC.
> Can anyone help with this please.

Hi Ray

I though this was a function of the Software not Windows. I've never had
thumbnails with Autosketch 8 or AutoSketch 9 but then I save in 'CAD'
format.

However I have now discovered that saving in SKF format with V8 or V9 does
save thumbnails! So I've learnt something today, thank you...

--
Regards
Barry
*Ray McIntosh
Message 3 of 27 (557 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-04-2006 02:43 AM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
So why have mine decided not to show??
Ray

"Ray McIntosh" wrote in message
news:5348376@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello,
I have thumbnail views with most files in explorer but not with autosketch.
I had thumbnail views with autosketch on my last PC.
Can anyone help with this please.

Ray
*Ray McIntosh
Message 4 of 27 (557 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-13-2006 04:44 PM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
I uninstalled Version 9,Installed Ver 8 and the thumbnails showed up. Re
installed Ver 9 and all is well.
So I assume Version 9 does not have this feature?/??

Ray

"Ray McIntosh" wrote in message
news:5348376@discussion.autodesk.com...
Hello,
I have thumbnail views with most files in explorer but not with autosketch.
I had thumbnail views with autosketch on my last PC.
Can anyone help with this please.

Ray
*BJH
Message 5 of 27 (557 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-17-2006 02:42 AM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:44:58 +0000, Ray McIntosh wrote:

> I uninstalled Version 9,Installed Ver 8 and the thumbnails showed up. Re
> installed Ver 9 and all is well.

> So I assume Version 9 does not have this feature?/??

Ray

I've just tried it on a 'clean' install of AS9 and you're quite correct it
doesn't support preview, so its either been removed or its a 'bug'.

--
Regards
Barry
*Harvey
Message 6 of 27 (557 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-17-2006 07:24 PM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
> On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 23:44:58 +0000, Ray McIntosh wrote:
>
>> I uninstalled Version 9,Installed Ver 8 and the thumbnails showed up. Re
>> installed Ver 9 and all is well.
>
>> So I assume Version 9 does not have this feature?/??
>
> Ray
>
> I've just tried it on a 'clean' install of AS9 and you're quite correct it
> doesn't support preview, so its either been removed or its a 'bug'.
>
Sorry to say, Ray, that it's nonsense, not to put
too fine a point on it. OF COURSE V9 supports
previews. I don't know if will preview dwg or
other formats you import into Sketch. But the
feature works.

As a check, you might try the Templates tab in the
Startup Screen. Click on any of those templates
and see if you get the preview. If not, sumpin'
really wrong. Don't forget that the Standard Blank
Drawing doesn't support "Preview."

Could this be a Sketch beta? Or a foreign version?
Wouldn't know about those either.

AAMOF, there's a lot I don't know about.

Paul, Rod or Ric might know more info about why a
preview wouldn't show on your version. Could be a
dud, unlikely though.

H
*BJH
Message 7 of 27 (557 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-18-2006 01:11 AM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 02:24:55 +0000, Harvey wrote:

>> I've just tried it on a 'clean' install of AS9 and you're quite correct
>> it doesn't support preview, so its either been removed or its a 'bug'.

> Sorry to say, Ray, that it's nonsense

No it isn't Harvey!

> too fine a point on it. OF COURSE V9 supports previews. I don't know if
> will preview dwg or other formats you import into Sketch. But the
> feature works.

> AAMOF, there's a lot I don't know about.

Harvey, I think you're on a different wavelength to Ray and me!

We're talking about the file and folders task preview in a Windows XP
Explorer window, NOT the preview in the AS 'file open' dialog.

And, of course, even the AS file open dialog won't preview files from
earlier versions of AS/Drafix CAD.

Hope that clears up any confusion.

--
Regards
Barry
*Harvey
Message 8 of 27 (555 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-19-2006 06:07 PM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
> No it isn't Harvey!

OK I give. Why do you need Explorer thumbnails
when the FilePreview works nicely for that?

Maybe because you don't want to open the program
to see what you've drawn and the name isn't
explicit enough?

Am I close?

H
*BJH
Message 9 of 27 (555 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-20-2006 01:50 AM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 01:07:21 +0000, Harvey wrote:

> OK I give. Why do you need Explorer thumbnails when the FilePreview works
> nicely for that?

> Maybe because you don't want to open the program to see what you've drawn
> and the name isn't explicit enough? Am I close?

Hi Harvey,

I don't know, I don't use them myself other than for photos, IMHO they're
just a gimmick. Perhaps Ray'll enlighten us.

But I was pleased to help in a small way with his problem.

:smileywink:

--
Regards
Barry
*Ray McIntosh
Message 10 of 27 (555 Views)

Re: Thumbnail views

10-20-2006 02:37 AM in reply to: *Ray McIntosh
Gents
when you have several projects for one client it is some times easier to
look thru the thumbnails to see which set of drawings (done up to years ago)
is the project they may want additions or alterations to.
It all works since I installed Ver 8 first.I don't know why they would
exclude this feature in Ver 9????

Regards Ray
"BJH" wrote in message
news:5368645@discussion.autodesk.com...
On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 01:07:21 +0000, Harvey wrote:

> OK I give. Why do you need Explorer thumbnails when the FilePreview works
> nicely for that?

> Maybe because you don't want to open the program to see what you've drawn
> and the name isn't explicit enough? Am I close?

Hi Harvey,

I don't know, I don't use them myself other than for photos, IMHO they're
just a gimmick. Perhaps Ray'll enlighten us.

But I was pleased to help in a small way with his problem.

:smileywink:

--
Regards
Barry

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community