Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Symbol data fields lost on new drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mrcouncil
392 Views, 1 Reply

Symbol data fields lost on new drawing

Using AS8, I've been able to create symbols with data fields and store them in the symbol library. I can insert the symbols in my drawing, edit the entity fields and so on. All that works fine as long as I'm in the drawing where the data fields were created. When I start a new drawing and try to insert a symbol, then the data fields are missing. Here's what the user guide says about that;

{color:#ff0000}If you save a new symbol to a library, then insert it in a different drawing, the
fields may not exist. In such a case, AutoSketch adds them to the drawing.{color}

For whatever reasons, Autosketch is not adding them (the data fields) to my new drawing. Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks! Edited by: mrcouncil on Mar 16, 2010 9:38 AM
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mrcouncil
in reply to: mrcouncil

And now something else bizarre is happening.

I created a new symbol with a couple of additional db fields and now all my other previously created symbols have somehow inherited the additional fields. This is not what I expected. I would think that each symbol would have whatever fields that was assigned to it and that's it. I'm either doing something wrong or this symbol business is not ready for prime time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report