Did you mean: 

Spline and Fitted Curves pen width

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Xfieldok
2290 Views, 4 Replies

Spline and Fitted Curves pen width

I have been happily using spline  and fitted curves with no problems.  Suddenly, they are not responding to a change of line width, can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?   

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
StevenMac
in reply to: Xfieldok

Can you attach the drawing so we can have a look? You may have to rename the file extension to .doc or .bak for the forum to accept it.

Message 3 of 5
Xfieldok
in reply to: StevenMac

Thank you Stevenmac.  Attached is spline.doc which was renamed from spline.7z.

The item is in green.  Have tried every which way to change the width to no avail.  I cut and pasted this into another document and it appeared to work, but not in this one.  Any advice gratefully received.

Message 4 of 5
StevenMac
in reply to: Xfieldok

Thank you for the upload.

You might not be aware that your 'curve' is actually a multi-segment polyline, and not a spline or fitted line? It only looks curved because it's made up of 30+ straight lines (double left-click it and see for yourself).

Delete it and draw it again with the right tool if need be... however that still leaves the puzzle of why entering in a new line thickness doesn't actually change the polyline thickness.

Are you aware your drawing is set to a precision of "1. mm". If you want a line 0.05mm thick you need to go into:

TOOLS > DRAWING OPTIONS > UNITS > LENGTH > DECIMAL PRECISION > change from 1. to 0.01

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
Xfieldok
in reply to: StevenMac

Thank you StevenMac.  It was not quite the solution, I am still not sure what is, but you sent me on the right track and I got round it.

Looking forward to Paul releasing his book.......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report