AutoSketch

Xfieldok
Message 1 of 5 (1,576 Views)
Accepted Solution

Spline and Fitted Curves pen width

1576 Views, 4 Replies
01-21-2011 06:54 AM

I have been happily using spline  and fitted curves with no problems.  Suddenly, they are not responding to a change of line width, can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?   

Mentor
StevenMac
Message 2 of 5 (1,573 Views)

Re: Spline and Fitted Curves pen width

01-21-2011 01:13 PM in reply to: Xfieldok

Can you attach the drawing so we can have a look? You may have to rename the file extension to .doc or .bak for the forum to accept it.

Xfieldok
Message 3 of 5 (1,562 Views)

01-21-2011 11:28 PM in reply to: StevenMac

Thank you Stevenmac.  Attached is spline.doc which was renamed from spline.7z.

The item is in green.  Have tried every which way to change the width to no avail.  I cut and pasted this into another document and it appeared to work, but not in this one.  Any advice gratefully received.

Mentor
StevenMac
Message 4 of 5 (1,558 Views)

01-22-2011 02:20 AM in reply to: Xfieldok

Thank you for the upload.

You might not be aware that your 'curve' is actually a multi-segment polyline, and not a spline or fitted line? It only looks curved because it's made up of 30+ straight lines (double left-click it and see for yourself).

Delete it and draw it again with the right tool if need be... however that still leaves the puzzle of why entering in a new line thickness doesn't actually change the polyline thickness.

Are you aware your drawing is set to a precision of "1. mm". If you want a line 0.05mm thick you need to go into:

TOOLS > DRAWING OPTIONS > UNITS > LENGTH > DECIMAL PRECISION > change from 1. to 0.01

Cheers

Xfieldok
Message 5 of 5 (1,536 Views)

01-24-2011 07:18 AM in reply to: StevenMac

Thank you StevenMac.  It was not quite the solution, I am still not sure what is, but you sent me on the right track and I got round it.

Looking forward to Paul releasing his book.......

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community