Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Similar product to ASketch 9?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Flyzilla
263 Views, 3 Replies

Similar product to ASketch 9?

I am trying AutoSketch 9 on a trail basis and I love it. Being new to Autodesk programs, I just need to know if there is a similar program that would be more suitable to designing furniture, cabinets, and bookshelves.

I love the interface and ease of use, but I need to be able to show more concepts on the details of the furniture and other interior stuff.

Thanks,

-Mike-
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Gadget
in reply to: Flyzilla

?? Change the page scale to 1:25 or similar and just draw what you want at 1:1 - take a look at the tutorial within AS on the bird-house: is this more what you were looking for?

The dual line tool can be set for the thickness of your wood, then just draw sides and shelves to suit.
The "grid snap" and "ortho" tools can be set up so that you can draw straight lines at (eg) 10mm intervals with singhle clicks.
Once drawn, you can use the "stretch" tool to re-size elements and the "relative" point entry system to ensure that it's accurate.

What more do you need to do?
Message 3 of 4
Flyzilla

This is just what I needed - thanks!

-Mike-
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

There are a few people here using AutoSketch for furniture. Like me they may have been too busy to drop in here for the last few weeks. What are you looking to do that AS doesn't do? Flyzilla wrote: > I am trying AutoSketch 9 on a trail basis and I love it. Being new to Autodesk programs, I just need to know if there is a similar program that would be more suitable to designing furniture, cabinets, and bookshelves. > > I love the interface and ease of use, but I need to be able to show more concepts on the details of the furniture and other interior stuff. > > Thanks, > > -Mike-

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report