Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print problems usinf Windows 7 64 bit

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rhalstrick
876 Views, 4 Replies

Print problems usinf Windows 7 64 bit

I am having problems printing drawings using Windows 7 64 bit. Even though I draw on a page which is 8.5 x 11 the printer prints out the drawing on four pages. Does anyone have any ideas on a solution to this problem? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
StevenMac
in reply to: rhalstrick

Tools > drawing options > scale, may be playing a part in it.

File > print > 'sizing method' (bottom-left) > fitted to printer page will shrink drawings but may screw your scaling.

Message 3 of 5
rhalstrick
in reply to: StevenMac

Thanks! That partially solved the problem. I am now getting a print out on one page but you are right, the scaling is way off. The margins on the page go from 0.5" to about 2". At least I can email drawings to customers that they can read.
Message 4 of 5
Kevin.Hutch

I run V9 on two systems with one having a problem starting files from Explorer Windows 7 otherwise no problem.

I recall some time back having to play with the margins and setting them to .1 to overcome the printer imposed margins

Kevin Hutch

Kevin Hutch
Be part of the solution not part of the problem
(61) 4 0887 1538
Message 5 of 5
fredbarb

I'm using WIndows XP and Office 2010.  6 months ago discarded printer HP all-in-one 1310 for a HP4480 printer.

All is OK until I fire up my legal Autosketch9 and any printout  is halved in height. I know I can mess with stretching the entity, but I thought I'd see what happened when I opened a year old drawing file that successfully printed  on the old printer.  It too fouled up - must be the new printer that causing the error.  I then "repaired" Autosketch using control panel and my autosketch CD, but no improvement.  How does one configure the program for the printer?  Is a different printer driver needed? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report