Did you mean: 

Pasting chinese characters into Autosketch 9

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CliveThorne
399 Views, 0 Replies

Pasting chinese characters into Autosketch 9

Greetings all,

I have been provided with some chinese texts in a word document using the font "Simsun" which I need to cut & paste into some existing Autosketch 9 drawings.

If I create a text and open it for editing in the full editing window then I can cut and past the characters into the editing window and they look fine. However when I close the window the characters do not appear on the drawing. If I re-open the text for editing in the full editing window the texts do not reappear there either - they seem to have been converted to spaces.

Incidently I also have exactly the same problem if I open the font in 'character map' and cut and past from there.

Edited to add - I have also tried exactly the same but changing everything to '@Arial Unicode MS' font, with exactly the same results.

Anyone got any ideas if I'm doing something wrong (if so what), if there is a way around this, or indeed if I just can't do this in Autosketch?

My fall back position is to generate BMP files and then use a 'screen capture' from the word file to paste directly into the bitmaps, but obviously rather cumbersome, not what I was hoping for, and its no longer an autosketch file. If I later wanted to alter the actual graphic part I'd have to modify the autosketch file and generate the bitmap etc again.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas folks.

Clive Thorne Edited by: CliveThorne on Apr 30, 2010 9:59 PM
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report