Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paste Special with autosketch v9

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
thivent.remi
291 Views, 4 Replies

Paste Special with autosketch v9

I have a drawing witch is composed of many layers. I use some layers to create other subfiles, other drawings. My goal is to link my subfiles with my "root" drawing, to make easy when I do a modification on the origin file
The command copy / paste special is independent of the layer.
Can anyone help me?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
fredt
in reply to: thivent.remi

One suggestion......make the changes on the master, and create the subfiles at time of use.
Message 3 of 5
thivent.remi

Thanks but this is my problem. Some subfiles are create with 2 or 3 layers of my master. I'm not alone to make changes on the master. So is my master drawing right?
Message 4 of 5
fredt

Looking at only your very specific question, I think that it is asking if there is a way to make it so changes made on one drawing ( the "Subfile") will also be automatically made on another drawing (the "master"). I don't know of a way to do that.

My comment was a more general one which was based on an observation that doing that is usually a bad idea including losing organization/control over the master, potential issues regarding conflicting changes, and all in all usually runs contrary to the reason for even having two separate files, and usually against the very definition of a "master" copy. Of course, there are always exceptions, and your situation might be one of those exceptions. .
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You are wishing for XREF as available in LT/ACAD. Not available in
AutoSketch.

Ric Norris.

wrote in message news:5832752@discussion.autodesk.com...
I have a drawing witch is composed of many layers. I use some layers to
create other subfiles, other drawings. My goal is to link my subfiles with
my "root" drawing, to make easy when I do a modification on the origin file
The command copy / paste special is independent of the layer.
Can anyone help me?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report