Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.PAT FILE / CUSTOM HATCH

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
20937 Views, 8 Replies

.PAT FILE / CUSTOM HATCH

TRYING TO CREAT A CUSTOM HATCH IN AUTOSKETCH...
HELP LEADS YOU THROUGH STEPS AND THEN INDICATES YOU NEED TO SAVE TO PATTERN FOLDER AS A .PAT FILE.
CANNOT FIND A WAY TO SAVE AS A .PAT FILE ????
BOB CUCAROLA
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Assuming you have created & saved your
hatch pattern in Notepad, simply rename the file extension from .TXT to
.PAT

Ric Norris.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
TRYING
TO CREAT A CUSTOM HATCH IN AUTOSKETCH... HELP LEADS YOU THROUGH STEPS AND THEN
INDICATES YOU NEED TO SAVE TO PATTERN FOLDER AS A .PAT FILE. CANNOT FIND A WAY
TO SAVE AS A .PAT FILE ???? BOB CUCAROLA
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Using the instructions provided by Autosketch I have creates a custom hatch file with Notepad.  I have saved it with a file extension of .pat. I have copied the file to the property folder of the Autosketch program files. In the property folder the file appears as a text file (File description) even though it has a .pat file extension.  All other .pat files in the property folder have a PAT file description. I am unable to change the file description.

The new file is not recognized by the Content library when I try to use the new hatch.  How do I get this file recognized as a PAT file and get it included in the Content library?

I am using Autosketch 9 with Windows 7

Sandy Saltus

Message 4 of 9
000jdi

Hi Sandy

Sounds like you need to change your windows settings, goto my computer -->tools--> folder options-->view tab look in advanced settings and uncheck the box that says hide extensions for know file types.  Now go and rename you file to filename.pat and get rid of txt extension.

Regards

Jason

Regards
Jason
Message 5 of 9
marlette
in reply to: 000jdi

I am trying to create a custom hatch for a staggered woodplank, random looking floor hatch. I need it in 1220 x 230mm. 

;%UNITS=MM
*100 x 800mm Wood Board, Wood: Wide boards
;%TYPE=MODEL
0, 0, 20, 0, 100
90, 0, 20, 200, 200, 100, -700
90, 400, 120, 200, 200, 100, -700

I tried to adjust to top 100 x 800 pattern. But just don't get it to work. I even asked chatgpt, but it couldn't figure it out either. Can someone please assist?

Message 6 of 9
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: marlette

Show us a dimensioned sketch please how the new hatch pattern should look. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: marlette

Even if you did not yet answer to my last ask, attached a .pat file and a .skf file example. I hope my guessing solves your request.

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
azurabennett0

Creating custom hatches can sometimes be a bit tricky, especially when the software doesn't make it intuitive. In AutoSketch, the option to save as a .PAT file should ideally be available when you're saving your hatch pattern, but if it's not showing up, here are a few things you could try:

1. Check if you're saving in the correct directory or folder that the software specifies for custom hatch patterns.
2. Make sure you have the necessary permissions to save files in that folder. Sometimes, administrative rights are required.

3. If the software allows you to export files, see if the .PAT format is listed under export options.

4. Some users resort to manually creating or editing .PAT files using a text editor, and then placing them in the appropriate folder. Make sure to follow the pattern syntax carefully if you go this route.

Message 9 of 9

... and a 5th tip:

5. If you test the hatch pattern and it doesn't seem to work: check if you have set an appropriate scale factor. Often you need a factor about 0,03937 (1/25.4). 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report