Did you mean: 

Inserting a detailled view

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
collisionrecon
284 Views, 4 Replies

Inserting a detailled view

Group
After saving a view through the marquee and then reinserting it onto the diagram it comes back in a rectangle. Can any one tell me how to reinsert this saved view in the form of an ellipse. I know there is a way but I am at a loss. I hope someone knows what i am refering to.

thanks
Charlie
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Gadget
in reply to: collisionrecon

I have no idea, but you could cheat:
create a box that is the same size as the view filled with the paper colour, then cut an oval from it so you are left with an oval mask that can be moved over the top of the view port.
You then just have to work out layers and what goes behind what.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

No such thing as "view ports" in QC/AS. Gosh......if you had AutoCAD, you could create a REAL elliptical viewport in Paper Space. Not available in LT unfortunately, but that's when you start to REALLY cheat. Persons wishing un-orthidox viewports useable in LT may contact me. I have many. Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Gadget" wrote in message news:28339532.1095152169861.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... >I have no idea, but you could cheat: > create a box that is the same size as the view filled with the paper > colour, then cut an oval from it so you are left with an oval mask that > can be moved over the top of the view port. > You then just have to work out layers and what goes behind what.
Message 4 of 5
Gadget

> No such thing as "view ports" in QC/AS
Technicaly, he's right: it's called a "Detail View" - but it works the same way.

The only way I have found to shape it is to use the above method of creating a mask on the same layer and puting the view behind it.
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the help guys. I will give this a try.

Charlie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report