Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to re-download software

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2611 Views, 5 Replies

How to re-download software

My laptop had a virus and had to be set up again.  I lost the Autosketch 9 program in the process.  I have my serial number, how to I go about downloading the program again?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
hnsmith
in reply to: Anonymous

Strange request. If you have the serial number, you should have a disc, I don't believe the total program is available for web download except from bit torrent or the like, which I highly DO NOT recommend under any circumstances, it is peer-to-peer and can be riddled with the same problems that caused your initial issue. Caveat emptor as the French say.

_h

@Anonymous wrote:

My laptop had a virus and had to be set up again.  I lost the Autosketch 9 program in the process.  I have my serial number, how to I go about downloading the program again?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I purchased the AutoSketch 9 software online from AutoDesk and downloaded it from a website address that was e-mailed to me.  So I do not have a disk to reload the software.  I do not have the e-mail so I do not know where to get the download from now that I need it after my computer crashed and had to be reloaded.  I have searched but have not been able to find anything on where to get it from.  I do still have the serial number.

Message 4 of 6
mrcouncil

If you have your receipt you might can plead your case with Autodesk customer service but as always with such things, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

This doesn't help to resolve your current issue but here's what I do with all the downloaded software that I have...

I have a top level folder called Downloads and for each piece of software that I have acquired, I create a sub folder, name it accordingly, and park the install package there. I also save a copy of any important email correspondence such as receipts, serial numbers, activation codes, and so forth. I use one of the MS goodies called SynchToy to REGULARLY save all this, in addition to all my other important files (MyDocuments, Asketch files, etc), to a USB drive.

SynchToy can be found here;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c26efa36-98e0-4ee9-a7c5-98d0592d8c52&displa...

I had to recover my pc several months ago and other than the aggravation of loading the OS and doing a bazillion security updates, my old programs and data was easy to restore.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: hnsmith

15 months ago I purchased the 2009 update for AutoCAD LT online.  I have just gotten a new computer and cannot find my program CD disk.  How do I get a replacement disk?  Quickly@!

Message 6 of 6
StevenMac

This is the help forum for the Autosketch product, contact customer service

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?id=12338355&siteID=123112

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report