AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install AutoSketch 7 in Windows 7 (x64 bit)

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
ronautosketch
13078 Views, 1 Reply

How to install AutoSketch 7 in Windows 7 (x64 bit)

Hello

I just got a new PC with Windows 7.  I have a large number of drawings made with AutoSketch version 7 which was previously installed on my older Windows XP machine.

I just placed the AutoSketch installation CD in the new Windows 7 machine and tried to install AutoSketch 7 but could not do it. Can someone provide steps on how to do this.  I need to continue working on some files that I was working on in my old PC.

Thank you.

ron

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello again,

For those who read my posted question from yesterday September 10, 2012 on how to install AutoSketch 7 in a PC with  Windows 7 (x64 bit), below is a solution in case you are interested. 

1. I downloaded for free from the Microsoft website the virtual Windows XP mode and installed this in my Windows 7 machine. This allows to run virtually Windows XP (in a window) within Windows 7 and therefore allows you to install older applications (such as AutoSketch 7) that use to run well in Windows XP. The installation of the virtual Windows XP mode is quite straightforward and described on the Microsoft website. 

2. After installing the XP mode in Windows 7, I simply opened the XP mode window and installed AutoSketch 7 from the CD as I would have done in a Windows XP PC. It installed successfully.

3. After this I had to configure the printer within the Windows XP mode window. For this I followed instructions from an good article from PC Magazine.  Here is the link: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2346464,00.asp.  I was able to print without any distortions sample drawings provided by AutoSketch 7.

So far so good.  That's it and good luck!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report