AutoSketch

Reply
*Weiner, Don
Message 1 of 8 (262 Views)

Help with drawing clouds

262 Views, 7 Replies
12-14-2003 06:50 AM
When I revise a drawing, the changes must be identified by drawing a
'cloud' around them. I'm presently using a combination of using the
cloud symbol creating a square cloud symbol and changing the scale, but
that only works for changes similarly shaped and sized. Other than
drawing a bunch of interconnected arcs, does anybody have a better way
to draw clouds?

Thanx,

Don W
*Selzer, Gerhard
Message 2 of 8 (262 Views)

Re: Help with drawing clouds

12-14-2003 06:50 AM in reply to: *Weiner, Don
Thanks Don,

Never knew that the cloud symbol existed.
Always wondered how my engineers had the time
to do all those little arcs.
Solved the mystery.

Put symbol on a my letter size sheet which is
set at the scale of 1/2"=1'-0", chose scale
factor 10, exploded it, highlighted it and used
the handles to drag it to any size I wanted.
Could rubber-stamp it where I wanted to or copy
and paste it.
Hope you have the same fun I had.

Gerhard

Don Weiner wrote:
>
> When I revise a drawing, the changes must be identified by drawing a
> 'cloud' around them. I'm presently using a combination of using the
> cloud symbol creating a square cloud symbol and changing the scale, but
> that only works for changes similarly shaped and sized. Other than
> drawing a bunch of interconnected arcs, does anybody have a better way
> to draw clouds?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Don W
*Pike, B
Message 2 of 8 (262 Views)

Re: Help with drawing clouds

12-14-2003 06:50 AM in reply to: *Weiner, Don
Drawing clouds is easy - just draw an irregular polygon with the bulge
factor set to about 0.4 (adjust this to suit yourself) anti-clockwise around
the items(s) you wish "clouded". Each cloud is different and suits the area
you wish enclosed.

The markers for the cloud, if you want them, can be added separately, and
can be a symbol with a database field.

Best of luck

B Pike



"Don Weiner" wrote in message
news:3B683996.95D3E7A1@mailbox.bellatlantic.net...
> When I revise a drawing, the changes must be identified by drawing a
> 'cloud' around them. I'm presently using a combination of using the
> cloud symbol creating a square cloud symbol and changing the scale, but
> that only works for changes similarly shaped and sized. Other than
> drawing a bunch of interconnected arcs, does anybody have a better way
> to draw clouds?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Don W
>
*Rafuse, L.
Message 2 of 8 (262 Views)

Re: Help with drawing clouds

12-14-2003 06:50 AM in reply to: *Weiner, Don
There are very few things I like about AutoCAD. The AutoCAD revision cloud
feature is one of the things I do like. I wish AutoSketch had this
feature. I currently use the Sketch Polyline tool and circle my changes.

Maybe version 8 will have a revision cloud tool...and fix the version 7
bugs....and add macro's back in... and fix the prints issues....

--
Len Rafuse
Vision Engineering

Don Weiner wrote:

> When I revise a drawing, the changes must be identified by drawing a
> 'cloud' around them. I'm presently using a combination of using the
> cloud symbol creating a square cloud symbol and changing the scale, but
> that only works for changes similarly shaped and sized. Other than
> drawing a bunch of interconnected arcs, does anybody have a better way
> to draw clouds?
>
> Thanx,
>
> Don W
*Selzer, Gerhard
Message 5 of 8 (262 Views)

Re:

12-14-2003 06:50 AM in reply to: *Weiner, Don
Len,

In my previously related post, I used the AutoSketch
"Business Graphics" cloud symbol.
Did I miss your point?

Gerhard

"L. Rafuse" wrote:
>
> There are very few things I like about AutoCAD. The AutoCAD revision cloud
> feature is one of the things I do like. I wish AutoSketch had this
> feature. I currently use the Sketch Polyline tool and circle my changes.
>
> Maybe version 8 will have a revision cloud tool...and fix the version 7
> bugs....and add macro's back in... and fix the prints issues....
>
> --
> Len Rafuse
> Vision Engineering
>
> Don Weiner wrote:
>
> > When I revise a drawing, the changes must be identified by drawing a
> > 'cloud' around them. I'm presently using a combination of using the
> > cloud symbol creating a square cloud symbol and changing the scale, but
> > that only works for changes similarly shaped and sized. Other than
> > drawing a bunch of interconnected arcs, does anybody have a better way
> > to draw clouds?
> >
> > Thanx,
> >
> > Don W
*Weiner, Don
Message 5 of 8 (262 Views)

Re:

12-14-2003 06:50 AM in reply to: *Weiner, Don
B Pike,

Thanx. That works great.

Don Weiner

B Pike wrote:

> Drawing clouds is easy - just draw an irregular polygon with the bulge
> factor set to about 0.4 (adjust this to suit yourself) anti-clockwise around
> the items(s) you wish "clouded". Each cloud is different and suits the area
> you wish enclosed.
>
> The markers for the cloud, if you want them, can be added separately, and
> can be a symbol with a database field.
>
> Best of luck
>
> B Pike
>
> "Don Weiner" wrote in message
> news:3B683996.95D3E7A1@mailbox.bellatlantic.net...
> > When I revise a drawing, the changes must be identified by drawing a
> > 'cloud' around them. I'm presently using a combination of using the
> > cloud symbol creating a square cloud symbol and changing the scale, but
> > that only works for changes similarly shaped and sized. Other than
> > drawing a bunch of interconnected arcs, does anybody have a better way
> > to draw clouds?
> >
> > Thanx,
> >
> > Don W
> >
*Rafuse, L.
Message 5 of 8 (262 Views)

Re:

12-14-2003 06:50 AM in reply to: *Weiner, Don
This works great.

--
Len Rafuse
Vision Engineering


B Pike wrote:

> Drawing clouds is easy - just draw an irregular polygon with the bulge
> factor set to about 0.4 (adjust this to suit yourself) anti-clockwise around
> the items(s) you wish "clouded". Each cloud is different and suits the area
> you wish enclosed.
>
> The markers for the cloud, if you want them, can be added separately, and
> can be a symbol with a database field.
>
> Best of luck
>
> B Pike
>
> "Don Weiner" wrote in message
> news:3B683996.95D3E7A1@mailbox.bellatlantic.net...
> > When I revise a drawing, the changes must be identified by drawing a
> > 'cloud' around them. I'm presently using a combination of using the
> > cloud symbol creating a square cloud symbol and changing the scale, but
> > that only works for changes similarly shaped and sized. Other than
> > drawing a bunch of interconnected arcs, does anybody have a better way
> > to draw clouds?
> >
> > Thanx,
> >
> > Don W
> >
*Rafuse, L.
Message 8 of 8 (262 Views)

Re:

12-14-2003 06:50 AM in reply to: *Weiner, Don
My changes are often oddly shaped so it doesn't make sense to use that symbol.

--
Len Rafuse
Vision Engineering

Gerhard Selzer wrote:

> Len,
>
> In my previously related post, I used the AutoSketch
> "Business Graphics" cloud symbol.
> Did I miss your point?
>
> Gerhard
>
> "L. Rafuse" wrote:
> >
> > There are very few things I like about AutoCAD. The AutoCAD revision cloud
> > feature is one of the things I do like. I wish AutoSketch had this
> > feature. I currently use the Sketch Polyline tool and circle my changes.
> >
> > Maybe version 8 will have a revision cloud tool...and fix the version 7
> > bugs....and add macro's back in... and fix the prints issues....
> >
> > --
> > Len Rafuse
> > Vision Engineering
> >
> > Don Weiner wrote:
> >
> > > When I revise a drawing, the changes must be identified by drawing a
> > > 'cloud' around them. I'm presently using a combination of using the
> > > cloud symbol creating a square cloud symbol and changing the scale, but
> > > that only works for changes similarly shaped and sized. Other than
> > > drawing a bunch of interconnected arcs, does anybody have a better way
> > > to draw clouds?
> > >
> > > Thanx,
> > >
> > > Don W

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community