Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help translating a few simple skf drawings

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
roberman
801 Views, 6 Replies

Help translating a few simple skf drawings

I apologize if this request is inappropriate for the group.  My daughter has 6 simple autosketch skf drawings that she created in a prior high school design class and she'd like to submit them with an college application for Interior Design.  I'm coming up short finding some sort of viewer so that we could print these drawings (the HS no longer has the program).  Also, it seems that none of the trial Autodesk packages support the skf format.  Is there a way that I could view (or translate to a supported format) and print these simple drawings?

Thanks in advance,

Rick

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
StevenMac
in reply to: roberman

What version of sketch was used? You can pick up v9 for ~$40 - $50 off ebay

Message 3 of 7
roberman
in reply to: StevenMac

StevenMac,

Sorry, I don't know the version.  Is there somewhere in the binary dump that I could find the version?  Appreciate your response.  FYI, I tried to attach one of the skt files but autodesk won't even accept files with an skf extension!  I guess this isn't an acceptable format any longer.

Thanks again,

Rick

Message 4 of 7
StevenMac

Rename the file to .doc .bak .txt or something that does get allowed

Message 5 of 7
roberman

StevenMac,

Thanks.  Good idea.  Here are the .skf files with .doc extensions.  Sent 1/2 of them since they're small.

Thanks,

Rick

Message 6 of 7
StevenMac

They open up and look ok in v10 ($250 from autodesk website), so you may want to risk it and buy v9 which probably only runs on win XP (ebay $50).

I assume they'll need a little fixing, look at the black V shapes here - http://i52.tinypic.com/2vj4fwp.jpg

Message 7 of 7
slang115
in reply to: StevenMac

DO YOU HAVE AUTOSKETCH AND WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO CONVERT SOME SKF TO DWG FILES FOR ME?! PLEASE

STEVE.LANG@ASKTECHNOLOGIES.COM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report