AutoSketch

Message 21 of 47 (904 Views)

Re: Help shape the future of AutoSketch!

05-21-2008 05:29 AM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
Lisa Crounse - could you at least give me a number and a name of someone I could speak to in person at Autodesk to get some kind of response regarding Autosketch? I tried the customer support centre again but all they spew out are canned answers to requests and direct me to the web site if I want to purchase product.
Regards
Contributor
Message 22 of 47 (904 Views)

05-26-2008 02:58 PM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
From past experience no company will guarantee a product will stay in production for "x" number of years, or say if a product will continue to be developed or not.
Message 23 of 47 (904 Views)

05-27-2008 02:27 AM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
Can't argue that, I am just clutching at straws but not sure I have any other ideas right now....
Cheers
Message 24 of 47 (904 Views)

05-28-2008 05:50 AM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
Just wanted to leave a quick note that I did talk to Lisa directly. Although, as expected, she could not legally say anything about futures at least i now know that there are real people at Autodesk. Now if they could just get all the customer service reps on the 1-800 number to act more compassionate towards customers....
Thanks again Lisa for your time.
DA
Contributor
Message 25 of 47 (904 Views)

06-10-2008 12:04 PM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
At the risk of being overly cynical, I have to feel sorry for Lisa. Autodesk has shown absolutely NO interest in Autosketch for almost 4 years, and suddenly Lisa gets assigned to be the new product manager of what for all intents & purposes is a dead product.

As I see it, there are two possibilities:

1) Autodesk has finally come to their senses & is honestly trying to resuscitate AutoSketch, in which case I wish they'd hurry up.

or,

2) Lisa offended somebody & they have handed her AutoSketch with the full expectation that they will kill it off soon & can then lay her off.

I really hope I'm wrong, for all of our sakes.
Valued Contributor
Message 26 of 47 (905 Views)

06-10-2008 01:01 PM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
Someone I work with was just asking me today for a low cost CAD program. I suggested Autosketch. We was filling out the on-line form and had his credit card out when he realized it was not compatible with Vista which he has running on his new laptop.
To say the least - he was pretty disappointed. The next step up is AutoCAD LT and that is was out of his price range.

So my only comment is Autosketch compatibility with Vista.

Thanks,
Don
*Paul Jackson
Message 27 of 47 (905 Views)

06-10-2008 05:06 PM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
Hello

I always turn off the "User Account Control" in Vista and then AutoSketch and many other programs
run fine.

UAC is in control panel and users. A better name for it should be "Microsoft Paranoia Control".

None of my customers have complained about having it turned off. If you Google UAC you will receive
about a gazillion hits of people complaining about it.

Paul

djacob wrote:
> Someone I work with was just asking me today for a low cost CAD program. I suggested Autosketch. We was filling out the on-line form and had his credit card out when he realized it was not compatible with Vista which he has running on his new laptop.
> To say the least - he was pretty disappointed. The next step up is AutoCAD LT and that is was out of his price range.
>
> So my only comment is Autosketch compatibility with Vista.
>
> Thanks,
> Don
Distinguished Contributor
Message 28 of 47 (905 Views)

06-11-2008 04:48 AM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
Microsoft "security" means putting up lots of barriers (with warnings) which you have to disable in order to use your computer. This is to get customers to blame themselves when their OS leaks. And so the "security" is just security against Microsoft being accountable.

The real main Microsoft security problem is the they make their systems (and thus your computer) too open to external people (like Microsoft), and they contrive dependency on such openness.

Imagine if your refrigerator was like that. In order to keep it running you have to give the manufacturer keys to your house and a go- ahead to come in 24/7 unannounced and mess with it, and accept that it should "break" immediately (and be your fault) if you don't allow them to do so.
Message 29 of 47 (905 Views)

06-11-2008 05:00 AM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
I tried to resist saying anything - but it appears that there's a great deal of misconceptions around UAC and Vista. I suggest that people read the technical articles about such things as opposed to the articles that fuel the general anti Vista sentiments.
Most O/S have some kind of UAC, Unix, OS X etc have similar safeguards where a PW is required to access areas that normally should not be touched by applications.
Vista is not going to recover from the lashings it has received in the press, Microsoft did an absolutely horrible job marketing and launching it. It's a shame as it's a pretty solid system, probably better that XP was at the same time after it's introduction.
I have had no problem running AutoSketch under Vista or many other programs I use.
Valued Contributor
Message 30 of 47 (905 Views)

06-11-2008 06:39 AM in reply to: Lisa Crounse
I'll pass this information on.

Thanks to you and the others that replied to my post.

Don

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community