Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for Newbie Please

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Xfieldok
984 Views, 7 Replies

Help for Newbie Please

No previous CAD experience, so I know I am up against a tough learning curve.  I managed to create libraries but I could not draw a straight line before I found Harvey's getting started document (Harvey you saved my sanity).  I have tried to get in touch with Paul for his book, so far without success.  I have been trawling through the discussions, bookmarking topics that seem to have some useful information.

Could anyone please give me any advice as to where to start.  The help seems to assume a little bit of knowledge that I don't have.  I would like to learn the basic principles first but I don't know what they are.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
StevenMac
in reply to: Xfieldok

Do you have specific questions?

The program is similar to autocad so you could make use of autocad learning material - find a local autocad user/family member, short autocad course at a local college, etc, hit up ebay for reference material, google for self-help autocad websites

Again, specific question we can answer here

Message 3 of 8
Xfieldok
in reply to: StevenMac

Thank you Stevenmac.  I have ordered a couple of books to get me started.

Message 4 of 8
Fred9002

Another little side track along with that might be to just start drawing lines.   Set it so that the snaps and lock toolbar shows all of the time, and experiment with using those to make the lines start and end where you want them to (e.g. on the grid, to the end of another line, exactly horizontal, exactly vertical.  Also try editing the endpoints by the numbers.  This is a nice place to start, and also involves important items/concepts.   

Message 5 of 8
paul.wacko

Look on http://www.resolv.com.au for a free training manual

Paul Jackson
Western Australia
http://www.resolv.com.au
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 8
Xfieldok

Thank you Paul, you emailed me the link and I have downloaded and am devouring your book.  It's making a huge difference.  Many thanks.

Message 7 of 8
pfraser2010

On YouTube there are 7 beginner tutorials by Mr Shopfitter that are very good.

Message 8 of 8
Xfieldok

Thank you, yes I saw the YouTube clips, including one by Paul Jackson.  They were slightly helpful, but nothing beats that book!  I have come on leaps and bounds since receiving it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums