I am trying to create a circular array of 3/8" diameter holes. There are 32 holes in the array arranged on a circle diameter of 20". I KNOW this can be done but I sure can't figure out how. Can one of you folks help me? I am using Autosketch 9. Thanks for the help!
plain ol Bill
Solved! Go to Solution.
I use AS 10.
1. Draw a circle of radius 10"
2. Draw your first 3/8's hole on that circle.
2a. Press Q to turn on quadrant snap so you can draw the 3/8's at a fixed point (12 o'clock, 3, 6, 9) or
2b. Draw a straight line from the centre of the r10" circle at a specific angle
3. Select the 3/8's circle to turn on the circular array tool
4. Divide 360 degrees by your interval (=11.25 degrees)
5. Enter as follows: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b238/-Bastard_Ch
5a. If we do 32 copies we'll have two circles on top of each other at the start
5b. If that tick box is ticked it'll dump circles on top of each other
6. Press OK and pick the centre of the r10 as your base (keyboard shortcut for centre snap = C)
draw a straight line at a specific angle
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register