AutoSketch

Keon
Message 1 of 4 (142 Views)

Configure Printer for Autosketch v3 in XP?

142 Views, 3 Replies
09-05-2005 02:08 PM
I've run DOS version of AS3 on different PC's from Win3.1; Win95 & WinME - all had HP660c printer off LPT ports. However, now with P4 upgraded PC I can load aS3 and get it running for what I need on Win XP(HOME) just fine, but it won't print to my HP Deskjet 5150, running from USB001. In this Discussion Group, I see many others have AS2 & 3 running on XP, with no mentions of printer configuration though. What printer configuration settings are you guys using to print thru a USB port?
*Harvey
Message 2 of 4 (142 Views)

Re: Configure Printer for Autosketch v3 in XP?

09-05-2005 05:20 PM in reply to: Keon
Keon wrote:
> I've run DOS version of AS3 on different PC's from Win3.1; Win95 & WinME - all had HP660c printer off LPT ports. However, now with P4 upgraded PC I can load aS3 and get it running for what I need on Win XP(HOME) just fine, but it won't print to my HP Deskjet 5150, running from USB001. In this Discussion Group, I see many others have AS2 & 3 running on XP, with no mentions of printer configuration though. What printer configuration settings are you guys using to print thru a USB port?

Lessee now. V3 ought to have been about 15 years ago when Drafix had
this little program and then ADSK bought it in 1995 or so, and
subsequently produced six upgrades.

Somehow I'm not surprised that it won't print using an XP operating
system. Updated printer drivers (I'm sure you've done that) may not take
into account programs that old. I'm guessing. But then again, so are you
I think.

A suggestion would be to upgrade your AS software. Couldn't hurt. Except
a bit in your wallet. And you might think about converting the USB 1.0
to 2.0, if that's possible with your machine.

Harvey
Neilds
Message 3 of 4 (142 Views)

11-01-2005 03:18 PM in reply to: Keon
I have the same problem with AS v.2 on Windows XP and Epson printer on LPT1. Tried to get updated driver, but Epson doesn't have a driver for WinXP
Neilds
Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)

11-02-2005 04:40 PM in reply to: Keon
Today I reset the line width from hairline to 1/64" Printed just fine, and appeared to be the same line width as what had been printing from hairline. The dimensions were medium grey instead of black, but at least AS2 prints. Printer set on "best" option.

Hope this helps.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community