Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autosketch and Win7 64 bit.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
bille1
2293 Views, 1 Reply

Autosketch and Win7 64 bit.

Hi I have Autosketch 7 on an XP Pro machine and it runs fine except the machine needs reformatting so everything runs very slow, we shifted a few years ago and I can't for the life of me locate my software.

I also have a new Win7 64 Pro computer that I would like to have AS installed on but I accept that AS 7 probably wont work so it looks like upgrade to AS 10 but can't find any info about it running of Win7 64 or if it would run in XP Virtual PC mode.

I have had a brand new, unused copy of AutoCad LT ( Not sure of the version I thinks it was bought in 2006) offered to me by a customer but I'm not that keen on the learning curve when I'm already familiar with AS, does anyone know if AutoCad LT will run on a 64 bit platform, if so what was the first version to run on 64 bit.

Thanks in advance for any help.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
esmyrloglou
in reply to: bille1

I had an experience that may shed some light on the subject. I recently had to get a new machine (win 7 64 bit) I had to migrate from an XP machine. I saw an ad for PC Mover by LapLink. I sued itr to move evrything to the Win 7 machine. Needless to say some programs would not run. Auto sketch release 7 was not one of them. Opened the program and brought up several sketcches, made a changein one File it , brought it up again. I satisfied my self that the program would run on my Win 7 machine. However due to otgher programs not running and several would not uninstall I had to resort to revering my Win 7 machine to its factory conditiion and several programs would not run ion a 64 bit machine others I got updates from respective vendors.

As you found out of course Autosketch woul not even lnstall You got an error message saying that it is not compatible with a 64 bit machine. It is a puzzle how I got it run when it was "PC moved" but it will not install.

I tried to find info on Autodesk but as you I am coming up empty. I hope that Autodesk will step up to the plate and help and not gve teh pat answer of "you need an upgrade" I am sure wiser computer geeks can figure a way to get release 7 to run on a Win7 machine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report