AutoSketch

stresscraft
Message 1 of 3 (417 Views)

Autosketch V3 and Windows XP

417 Views, 2 Replies
01-20-2003 12:41 AM
Does anyone have experience of using Autosketch v3 with Windows XP (home Edition)? It is my favourite 'quick' drawing program and I have used it since 1994 under DOS, Windows 3.1, 95, 98SE and ME with great success. Under Windows XP, ASv3 seems to install OK but when loading Sketch.exe, an error is reported stating something like 'Fatal error, will not work with current settings of VGA / EGA and monitor'. I have tried all combinations of resolution / colour bit numbers but get the same message each time. The machine is a Dell Inspiron.
Frandon0
Message 2 of 3 (321 Views)

Re: Autosketch V3 and Windows XP

09-23-2013 10:09 PM in reply to: stresscraft

I use Autodesk Version 2 with Windows 7 and it works.

I have replaced that computor wit a laptop operating Windows  8.

I also

I have only the original 51/4 floppies to set up the program so I copied it from my previous computer.

I receive the following error message:

"Fatal error! Autoskecth requires EGA or VGA display""

I also have AutoSketch release 5 but I am old and am used to the earlie version.

Can you assist?.

Active Contributor
thixoman
Message 3 of 3 (137 Views)

Re: Autosketch V3 and Windows XP

04-21-2014 08:10 AM in reply to: stresscraft

Try upgrading to XP Pro, , ,  I have been using 'sketch since DOS and after, still using V 2.1 Windows as primary for all drawings, then flip into what I want for rendering / finals -ACAD / LT, , , send me msg

Al

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community