Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autosketch 10

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
centerstaging
16041 Views, 12 Replies

Autosketch 10

Has anyone got an answer from Autodesk as to compatibility of Windows 7 and Autosketch 10?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Fred9002
in reply to: centerstaging

In case it is of use or interest, I run AS9 on Win 7 with no problems.

Message 3 of 13
icarus51

I am using AutoSketch 10 with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS and having no compatibility issues. I am a new user with AS10, so did not experience any transition issues.

Message 4 of 13
gregmacp

I am about to purchase a new computer. What's the latest on AutoSketch 9 (or 10) running on Windows 7, either 32 or 64 bit?

Message 5 of 13
icarus51
in reply to: gregmacp

I have been using AutoSketch 10 for about 4 months on a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit machine with no problems. My computer was an initial install of AS10, not an upgrade. I am a new user with AS10.

Message 6 of 13
DKSeiffert

I am running Autosketch 10 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit system. I just purchased it and downloaded it recently but all I've tried seems to work well.

I've been an Autosketch user for many years but Windows 7 is the first time the old one wouldn't install. I bit the bullet and bought 10. So far so good. 

Message 7 of 13
AcmeSteelFab
in reply to: icarus51

I couldn't install AS10 on my Win7 64-bit desktop.  No problem on my Win7 32-bit notebook.  

I tried from download, and from disk, regular and safe mode...nothing worked.

AS sales told me AS10 won't install on Win7 64 bit.

I gave up and got ACAD/LT. Student edition cost less than AS but I need to learn so much again, and AS drawings won't import directly.  I have to export to dxf or dwg and then import.

Congrats to you who had better luck!

Paul

Message 8 of 13
sketcher6xj7
in reply to: Fred9002

I run AS 9 on a win 7 64 bit with no problem except the inability to double click on an AS file, causing the AS software to load, just as you can on any other windows software. You have to start AS 9 first, then go inside the program and search for the file, a real PITN.

I am thinking of buying AS 10, wondering if that would eliminate this behavior.

Message 9 of 13
Fred9002

I've used AS10 on several different WIN 7 machines with no problems.     I consideer Windows to be unusable unless you are in as an administrator,   so I can't speak for PC's / people who victims of IT departments that prevent such access.   

Message 10 of 13
Fred9002
in reply to: sketcher6xj7

I run AS10 in win 7  64 bit and am able to launch it by double clicking on skf files.    But I don't know whether or not you need AS10 (vs. just fixing some Windows issue) to do that. 

Message 11 of 13
gregmacp
in reply to: Fred9002

Thanks Fred. I was using AS9 on Windows 7 as the administrator but no good.
I have switched to Vectorworks. I might have stayed with AS if it was still
its own company, but since Autodesk is uninterested in supporting the
product I have to go somewhere else. It was never that way before Drafix
sold to Autodesk. Oh well.

Greg MacPherson

c:917-679-0565

e: macpherson.greg@gmail.com
Message 12 of 13
hcsB4VVB

No problems running Autosketch 9 0n Windows 10 and it runs continuously and faultlessly.

ChrisPSR

Message 13 of 13
Kevin.Hutch

I too downloaded and ran AS10 under W10 with no problems or tweaks.
Kevin Hutch
Be part of the solution not part of the problem
(61) 4 0887 1538

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report