I use WIN 7 and Autosketch 10; When 1 create a drawing in Layer 1 and want to add a layer I do not get it. I want Layer 1 to be yelow and the drawing on layer 2 in black ( as usual). The 2nd layer can be added , but layer 1 does not get yellow ( or other coulor ( does not matter; everything without black)) In Win XP with AS 10 everything was o.k.
Has someone else faced this problem ? How did you solve it? Please advise, if possible
Not quite sure what you mean there Leo.
Do you have "By Layer" selected in that drop-down box I've circled in red?
thanks for ysour reply. The problem is quite easy. let me explain:
1) you open a new virgin drawing sheet. ( layer 1 ! ; no layer added yet)
2) you draw somthing ( lets say a grid) and !! you draw it in black ( black lines)
3) now you add a layer ( layer 2)
4) you lock now layer 1 ( impossible to make changes to this layer) and, you want eyerything that has been drawn on layer on to appear in ( lets say) yellow. ( or every other possible color without black) You can set this all under "Extras" --> Graphic options (wordly traslated from German) I dont know the engl. expressions)
5) with this, you can draw now on layer 2 and have layer1 as a basic grid. and have allways a good orientation.
This is very helpfull when you make layouts of electronic boards. Layer 1 is the grid of your pinnings ( normally a 2,54 mm grid--> 0,1 inch) and on layer 2 you arrange your components ( IC's, R, C, ......you name it, we have it.)
This is only for hobby purposes, I know that there a prof. SW's but, they cost a hell of money.
So, but my problem seems to be solved meanwhile. I had copied the grid from a OS XP laptop to my OS WIN7 PC.
I redeseigned layer 1 in the OS WIN7 System and everythings works as it has to do.
Altough I write from Germany, I hope you understand now what I meant.
Thank you again for your help !