AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoSketch for electrical and electronic schematic drawing?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
contrawise
2596 Views, 5 Replies

AutoSketch for electrical and electronic schematic drawing?

On occasion, I need to draw electrical schematics.  I'm not after wiring in buildings or electrical services.  I need to express relay logic, electronic symbols, datacom symbols, hardware like transformers, batteries.  It would be great to be able to express DDC control logic as well.  Is AutoSketch a good tool for me to use?  I need to evaluate the collections of symbols that are available for use with AutoSketch, but got no happiness from from the web site chat person.  Are there other tools I should be considering

Thanks in advance for any wisdom or direction anyone can share! 

PS: The site spell checker offers some pretty interesting substitutions for the unknown word "AutoSketch."

Autodidact, anyone?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: contrawise

Autosketch is a generic drafting tool: paper/pen on a computer. It's not geared towards any industry, just 'everyone'. You'll have to make the effort to create your own content, symbols, and figure on other solutions/options for the other items you want.

If you want truly industry specific CAD from Autodesk, explore AutoCAD Electrical or AutoCAd MEP or REVIT MEP: none of these are cheap. There are comparably similar tools from other CAD vendors, but not at the Autosketch pricepoint.

PS: Autosketch is a dead product; system requirements are Windows XP from ten-years ago.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 6
contrawise
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for the helpful info! The page where I found it on the site did not present it as an EOLed product.
Message 4 of 6
josmeijer

end of live is rather subjective, if we´re talking about a drawing program. It does not have any vital security breaches, as you don´t have to connect to the internet to fruitfully use it and it works great in Windows 8. 

I till now did not find anything that compares to it to make fast architectural and technical drawings and gives such great interchangability with Autocad files for such a fair price.

Message 5 of 6
josmeijer

Think positive! You can find tons of Autocad libraries in public domain or at moderate prices comercially wich you can import. And if you got your copy legally there is a lot of symbols on the DVD.
Message 6 of 6
josmeijer
in reply to: contrawise

you find all the symbols you describe in the libraries that come along with autosketch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report