AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoSketch Versions (Better Snap functionality / Custom Snaps)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cisco2013
983 Views, 2 Replies

AutoSketch Versions (Better Snap functionality / Custom Snaps)

We are currently using AutoSketch 10 and it looks like you still can't create much for custom snaps within the new version.  Does anyone know if you can create a snap for the translate function i.e. being able to move or copy without having to use the mouse?  In addition, it would be great if AutoSketch gave the user more flexibility with custom snaps.  Especially using the line function etc.  With this new functionality, the user would not have to constantly move over to the snaps and could quickly keep on working on the drawing.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dave_K4
in reply to: cisco2013

Custom snap??

You can use translate, select the point to translate, then use the 'A'bsolute to postion exactly where to translate to.

That would be selecting something to translate, select translate, click location of selected item to use for this translation, then press 'A' and enter an absolute postion for the translation to go. (option is leave a Copy)

When working with line, you can use the Keyboard Snap commands to you don't have to use the mouse to select snaps from the toolbar. E - endpoint, G - gridpoint, N - nearest point...  (The letter/number to use is displayed on teh snap tools icon or See Help.  All snaps can be used from the keyboard.

Message 3 of 3
cisco2013
in reply to: cisco2013

I understand that there are keyboard snaps.  This is exactly my point.  I wish that there was snap capability for translate and a snap for translate to go between copy and move without having to use the mouse for menu control.  This would also be great if you could snap for a line as well.  Custom snaps would allow the user to set these up.  For example, one could use the snap t for translate and hit m or c for move or copy, then select screen to place object selected.  Unfortunately, AutoSketch doesn't support a snap like this nor support a way to do a custom snap.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report