AutoSketch
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoSketch 10 Windows 7 32bit (Issue Saving Files On Server)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cisco2013
1781 Views, 3 Replies

AutoSketch 10 Windows 7 32bit (Issue Saving Files On Server)

My group upgraded from AutoSketch 9 to AutoSketch 10.  We are using Windows 7 32bit.  The AutoSketch 10 version has been saving files on our server to 0Kb.  When you try to reopen the file, there is nothing there but a blank page.  All the information is lost.  We now have been monitoring the file in Windows Explorer after we save to make sure the file is still 0kb.  However, again, after saving, making sure the file was not 0kb, when the user came back into work the next day the file read 0kb.  When trying to get previous versions, it looks like depending on the day the file is alos 0kb on some days and correct on others.  Not for sure where the problem is currently but something is going on between AutoSketch and Windows 7 operating system.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
StevenMac
in reply to: cisco2013

What happens when you save the file locally? Or SAVE AS .DXF .DWG etc?

Message 3 of 4
cisco2013

I don't know what happens when someone saves the file locally.  We have been using this same server for over ten years along with multiple versions of Autosketch.  This particular version of Autosketch, 10.0, is the only version where we started having this issue.  In addition, we do not have any problems saving to the server with other vendor software packages.

Message 4 of 4
cisco2013

Someone from AutoSketch was supposed to contact me with regards to this issue.  However, I still have yet to receive a phone call.  Has anyone else ran into this issue.  I think there is an issue with the way AutoSketch saves to servers.  It has become a huge problem for us having to constantly look at all of our files before closing because we don't know if AutoSketch has properly saved our files.  If we do not do this, we will lose whatever new information was completed within the file and have to find and old file in our backup system.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report