Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An AutoSketch Illustration

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
molucca
387 Views, 8 Replies

An AutoSketch Illustration

Actually, two drawings illustrated in X1 and E3. I made seamless tiles in PS CS. M
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: molucca

Sorry.....I don't get it.....!!!! http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "molucca" wrote in message news:12609843.1084725356723.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Actually, two drawings illustrated in X1 and E3. I made seamless tiles in PS CS. M
Message 3 of 9
molucca

The body and wings are AutoSketch drawings that I manually traced from an image. The frame, I drew to match the aspect ratio of my image. In the first case I had line drawings. With an AS solid fill, I can edit the fill in a graphic application. A solid fill becomes an object. In this case, I tried a feature in X1 to create all the wing fills at once. I did the frame fills in AutoSketch. I made tileable fills from butterfly wings to do the mat fills. For the wing cells, I used a reflection map in Expression, and gave the cells 50% transparency. Then combined all the drawings. AutoSketch has good drawing tools for what I was doing. I could do the same with a machine.
You can look at www.pixelparity.org. I present my ideas and drawings there.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

Very impressive.....but I still don't get it. I am an ex professional photographer (my previous life) and find photography/art/imagery these days somewhat subjective/objective. What you have produced is something that could have been created via any combination of any graphical applications....which it has. There is nothing better than producing a real image on 35mm or 70mm film. The art (photography) is produced via the camera lens + darkroom manipulation.....not sitting on your arse in front of a computer. Sorry to piss down on your parade.....but who cares....!!!??? Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "molucca" wrote in message news:10564188.1084772183179.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > The body and wings are AutoSketch drawings that I manually traced from an image. The frame, I drew to match the aspect ratio of my image. In the first case I had line drawings. With an AS solid fill, I can edit the fill in a graphic application. A solid fill becomes an object. In this case, I tried a feature in X1 to create all the wing fills at once. I did the frame fills in AutoSketch. I made tileable fills from butterfly wings to do the mat fills. For the wing cells, I used a reflection map in Expression, and gave the cells 50% transparency. Then combined all the drawings. AutoSketch has good drawing tools for what I was doing. I could do the same with a machine. > You can look at www.pixelparity.org. I present my ideas and drawings there.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

It would be nice if grumpy old men like Ric Norris could keep there negative comments to themselves so as not to discourage people with something positive to say. There are people who care. Ray McIntosh "Ric Norris" wrote in message news:40a860c6$1_1@newsprd01... > Very impressive.....but I still don't get it. > > I am an ex professional photographer (my previous life) and find > photography/art/imagery these days somewhat subjective/objective. > > What you have produced is something that could have been created via any > combination of any graphical applications....which it has. > > There is nothing better than producing a real image on 35mm or 70mm film. > The art (photography) is produced via the camera lens + darkroom > manipulation.....not sitting on your arse in front of a computer. > > Sorry to piss down on your parade.....but who cares....!!!??? > > Ric Norris. > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > "molucca" wrote in message > news:10564188.1084772183179.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > The body and wings are AutoSketch drawings that I manually traced from an > image. The frame, I drew to match the aspect ratio of my image. In the first > case I had line drawings. With an AS solid fill, I can edit the fill in a > graphic application. A solid fill becomes an object. In this case, I tried a > feature in X1 to create all the wing fills at once. I did the frame fills in > AutoSketch. I made tileable fills from butterfly wings to do the mat fills. > For the wing cells, I used a reflection map in Expression, and gave the > cells 50% transparency. Then combined all the drawings. AutoSketch has good > drawing tools for what I was doing. I could do the same with a machine. > > You can look at www.pixelparity.org. I present my ideas and drawings > there. > >
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

I'm not a grumpy old man....Harvey is much older than me....!!!! Besides, I never made a negative comment....I simply don't appreciate digital "artwork" as such and this forum is not the place for people to piss in their own pockets. We all have our individual works of art....I don't flaunt mine....but if you're interested in REAL photography, feel free to click on the below link (under my name)....the signature has been there for years....something I have never flaunted.....until now. All photos were taken by myself in my previous life. Ric Norris. http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings "Ray McIntosh" wrote in message news:40a887c3_3@newsprd01... > It would be nice if grumpy old men like Ric Norris could keep there negative > comments to themselves > so as not to discourage people with something positive to say. > There are people who care. > > Ray McIntosh > "Ric Norris" wrote in message > news:40a860c6$1_1@newsprd01... > > Very impressive.....but I still don't get it. > > > > I am an ex professional photographer (my previous life) and find > > photography/art/imagery these days somewhat subjective/objective. > > > > What you have produced is something that could have been created via any > > combination of any graphical applications....which it has. > > > > There is nothing better than producing a real image on 35mm or 70mm film. > > The art (photography) is produced via the camera lens + darkroom > > manipulation.....not sitting on your arse in front of a computer. > > > > Sorry to piss down on your parade.....but who cares....!!!??? > > > > Ric Norris. > > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > > > > "molucca" wrote in message > > news:10564188.1084772183179.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > > > The body and wings are AutoSketch drawings that I manually traced from > an > > image. The frame, I drew to match the aspect ratio of my image. In the > first > > case I had line drawings. With an AS solid fill, I can edit the fill in a > > graphic application. A solid fill becomes an object. In this case, I tried > a > > feature in X1 to create all the wing fills at once. I did the frame fills > in > > AutoSketch. I made tileable fills from butterfly wings to do the mat > fills. > > For the wing cells, I used a reflection map in Expression, and gave the > > cells 50% transparency. Then combined all the drawings. AutoSketch has > good > > drawing tools for what I was doing. I could do the same with a machine. > > > You can look at www.pixelparity.org. I present my ideas and drawings > > there. > > > > > >
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Part of me is saying "Wow, you can do that with AutoSketch" Another part is saying "Did you need help with this?" Still another "It is great to share things we are working on." And another "Why the heck is it posted here?" And a last part "Did I just agree with Ric?" After pondering all this it is probably not bad to see some different stuff occasionally posted here. I guess you can do some unique things you can do when you push AutoSketch to the limit - and use a few other programs too. And if AutoDesk thinks it beyond the scope of the group, the post will be gone in a flash.... Ric Norris wrote: > I'm not a grumpy old man....Harvey is much older than me....!!!! > > Besides, I never made a negative comment....I simply don't appreciate > digital "artwork" as such and this forum is not the place for people to piss > in their own pockets. > > We all have our individual works of art....I don't flaunt mine....but if > you're interested in REAL photography, feel free to click on the below link > (under my name)....the signature has been there for years....something I > have never flaunted.....until now. > > All photos were taken by myself in my previous life. > > Ric Norris. > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > > "Ray McIntosh" wrote in message > news:40a887c3_3@newsprd01... > >>It would be nice if grumpy old men like Ric Norris could keep there > > negative > >>comments to themselves >>so as not to discourage people with something positive to say. >>There are people who care. >> >>Ray McIntosh >>"Ric Norris" wrote in message >>news:40a860c6$1_1@newsprd01... >> >>>Very impressive.....but I still don't get it. >>> >>>I am an ex professional photographer (my previous life) and find >>>photography/art/imagery these days somewhat subjective/objective. >>> >>>What you have produced is something that could have been created via any >>>combination of any graphical applications....which it has. >>> >>>There is nothing better than producing a real image on 35mm or 70mm > > film. > >>>The art (photography) is produced via the camera lens + darkroom >>>manipulation.....not sitting on your arse in front of a computer. >>> >>>Sorry to piss down on your parade.....but who cares....!!!??? >>> >>>Ric Norris. >>>http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings >>> >>> >>>"molucca" wrote in message >>>news:10564188.1084772183179.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >>> >>>>The body and wings are AutoSketch drawings that I manually traced from >> >>an >> >>>image. The frame, I drew to match the aspect ratio of my image. In the >> >>first >> >>>case I had line drawings. With an AS solid fill, I can edit the fill in > > a > >>>graphic application. A solid fill becomes an object. In this case, I > > tried > >>a >> >>>feature in X1 to create all the wing fills at once. I did the frame > > fills > >>in >> >>>AutoSketch. I made tileable fills from butterfly wings to do the mat >> >>fills. >> >>>For the wing cells, I used a reflection map in Expression, and gave the >>>cells 50% transparency. Then combined all the drawings. AutoSketch has >> >>good >> >>>drawing tools for what I was doing. I could do the same with a machine. >>> >>>>You can look at www.pixelparity.org. I present my ideas and drawings >>> >>>there. >>> >>> >> >> > >
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Len Rafuse wrote: > Part of me is saying "Wow, you can do that with AutoSketch" > > Another part is saying "Did you need help with this?" > > Still another "It is great to share things we are working on." > > And another "Why the heck is it posted here?" > > And a last part "Did I just agree with Ric?" > > After pondering all this it is probably not bad to see some different > stuff occasionally posted here. I guess you can do some unique > things you can do when you push AutoSketch to the limit - and use a > few other programs too. > > And if AutoDesk thinks it beyond the scope of the group, the post > will be gone in a flash.... > > > Ric Norris wrote: > > > I'm not a grumpy old man....Harvey is much older than me....!!!! > > > > Besides, I never made a negative comment....I simply don't > > appreciate digital "artwork" as such and this forum is not the > > place for people to piss in their own pockets. > > > > We all have our individual works of art....I don't flaunt > > mine....but if you're interested in REAL photography, feel free to > > click on the below link (under my name)....the signature has been > > there for years....something I have never flaunted.....until now. > > > > All photos were taken by myself in my previous life. > > > > Ric Norris. > > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > > > > > > "Ray McIntosh" wrote in message > > news:40a887c3_3@newsprd01... > > > > > It would be nice if grumpy old men like Ric Norris could keep > > > there > > > > negative > > > > > comments to themselves > > > so as not to discourage people with something positive to say. > > > There are people who care. > > > > > > Ray McIntosh > >>"Ric Norris" wrote in message > > > news:40a860c6$1_1@newsprd01... > > > > > > > Very impressive.....but I still don't get it. > > > > > > > > I am an ex professional photographer (my previous life) and find > > > > photography/art/imagery these days somewhat > > > > subjective/objective. > > > > > > > > What you have produced is something that could have been > > > > created via any combination of any graphical > > > > applications....which it has. > > > > > > > > There is nothing better than producing a real image on 35mm or > > > > 70mm > > > > film. > > > > > > The art (photography) is produced via the camera lens + darkroom > > > > manipulation.....not sitting on your arse in front of a > > > > computer. > > > > > > > > Sorry to piss down on your parade.....but who cares....!!!??? > > > > > > > > Ric Norris. > > > > http://users.bigpond.net.au/cavedrawings > > > > > > > > > >>>"molucca" wrote in message > > > > news:10564188.1084772183179.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.co > > > > m... > > > > > > > > > The body and wings are AutoSketch drawings that I manually > > > > > traced from > > > > > > an > > > > > > > image. The frame, I drew to match the aspect ratio of my image. > > > > In the > > > > > > first > > > > > > > case I had line drawings. With an AS solid fill, I can edit the > > > > fill in > > > > a > > > > > > graphic application. A solid fill becomes an object. In this > > > > case, I > > > > tried > > > > > a > > > > > > > feature in X1 to create all the wing fills at once. I did the > > > > frame > > > > fills > > > > > in > > > > > > > AutoSketch. I made tileable fills from butterfly wings to do > > > > the mat > > > > > > fills. > > > > > > > For the wing cells, I used a reflection map in Expression, and > > > > gave the cells 50% transparency. Then combined all the > > > > drawings. AutoSketch has > > > > > > good > > > > > > > drawing tools for what I was doing. I could do the same with a > > > > machine. > > > > > > > > > You can look at www.pixelparity.org. I present my ideas and > > > > > drawings > > > > > > > > there. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Well, I like it. It's a bit outside the square of general construction that I am involved with, but what the heck, I'm going to give it a go myself. Who needs Photoshop!!
Message 9 of 9
molucca

Microsoft has released a Windows beta version of Expression 3.3, and it is available through the MS web site. It is about 60 MB.

My resources have always been free to everyone, and I volunteer my time as a forum moderator.
Rich

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report