Did you mean: 

AS10 intersection snap?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Scott_P
2003 Views, 6 Replies

AS10 intersection snap?

What the heck am I doing wrong?  Used AS6 since 98.  Seems that the intersection snap isn't working?  I tried both the keyboard 'I' and also the intersection snap button (which I never used before, too slow for me). In V6 I would select a line or polyline to draw, press the 'I' key to get the intersection snap cursor, select a line along the X axis which would then bring up a grid line along the X axis.  I would then select a line along the Y axis where I wanted the intersection which would show the red alignment cursor, click on it and happily draw my line.  In V10 I hit the 'I' key which brings up the "IU" cursor, but when I try to select a line I get the error bell.  What gives?  All of the other snaps seem to work, but not intersection.  Frustrating that I cannot do something so simple, must be something I'm doing wrong?  I checked the Autodesk Knowledge Base and found nothing for V10?  Thought maybe there was a patch to download but, nope, nothing for V10 there either.  Sounds like Ric Norris was right - maybe AS10 is the death of Autosketch.  Could someone please help?  In the meantime, I'm going to finish my drawing in AS6 which still resides on my trusty little Acer netbook.  BTW, AS10 is loaded on a 64-bit Win7 machine.  Thanks.

Scott

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Dave_K4
in reply to: Scott_P

I just drew two single lines, creating an X on the screen. Selected 'Line Single', pressed "I" for intersection snap. Moved the cursor towards the intersection of the two lines. The cursor did snap to the intersection with a Red X. I clicked to start a line, moved to another location and clicked to end the line. That is what I expected.

Chose the 'sketch polyline'tool  and no snaps were available. Other PolyLine tools did have snaps available.

Message 3 of 7
000jdi

Hi Scott Are you looking for 2 pt intersection instead of intersection snap? Try using the 2 key instead of i key the i only turns on a snap to existing lines that intersect Regards Jason
Regards
Jason
Message 4 of 7
Scott_P

Thanks for the input, but I should clarify: I'm trying to snap to a projected intersection along an  X and Y axis, not an actual X-Y intersection.

Message 5 of 7
StevenMac

Did you try the '2 key' intersection method? Unless I misunderstand you, it does what you want

Message 6 of 7
Scott_P

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the late response; I was gleefully away from computers this weekend.   What is this "two key method" that you speak of?

Scott

Message 7 of 7
Scott_P

Uh, yeah, ok.  The "two key method" would be using the 2 key for the snap.  Duh.  Get it.  Thanks Jason and Steve, yep, it works like I want it to.  But just so everyone doesn't think I'm nutty, the I key did snap along a projected intersection in AS6.  It did, really it did. Smiley Happy

Ok, now I can go back to work with AS10 on my big monitor.  But I still don't like the cursors, wish they looked like they did in 6.  Maybe I'll get used to them in ten years or so.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report