Did you mean: 

AS10 and WIN 7 64 bit, file opening issues

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jcowan
724 Views, 1 Reply

AS10 and WIN 7 64 bit, file opening issues

Hi,

I did a quick search of the forums and did not see an issue like this one.

I recently upgraded my computer from XP sp3 to Win 7 64 Bit.  Now when I try to open a file by clicking on it in Windows explorer, or another file manager a window opens that says " The feature you are trying to use is on a CD ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Autosketch release 10 disk and click OK." When the CD is in the drive it says "Please wait while windows configuars Autosketch release 10". Once it quiries the CD the files will open.

If the cd is not installed the following error occurs, "Error 1706 no valid source could be found for product autosketch release 10 windows installer cannot continue" Fatal error cannot open the file.

Not running stand alone program it has been installed without any errors multiple times. AS10 was bought a week ago, running AS9 before that and the upgrade. These files were made with AS9.

Taking an AS9 flie and doing a save as with AS 10 does not solve the issue either.  The computer still wants the CD to open the file.

Also did the file assoaication though windows to associate .skf with AS10.

Opening the file while inside AS10 works fine.

Does anyone know why this is occuring and a fix for it.

Thanks,

John Cowan

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jcowan
in reply to: jcowan

Looks like I found the problem.

For the intial installation I placed the program on my E: drive and not where the default setup wanted to go.  Today I went back and reinstalled the program letting it go to the default location.  Now it works as before.

It would seem that since I am give the option of changing where the program installs that it should fully function from that new place.  If it is not going to fully function there should be some kind of warning about probloems installing to other drives.

Hopefully this can be fixed in future versions.

Thanks,

John

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report