AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are fonts?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
11369 Views, 6 Replies

Where are fonts?

I downloaded AutoCAD R11 for my MacBook and can't find where to put the fonts or how to set the path to search for them.

I wrote these fonts in 1987 and all of my drawings depend on them.

When I find the fonts I'll probably find plot styles, etc.

Gale

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

....I wrote these fonts in 1987 and all of my drawings depend on them...

Gale

Hi Gale,

If your fonts are in SHX format, I think you can put them only to "/Applications/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2011/AutoCAD.app/Contents/Resources/Fonts/shx/".

If your fonts are TTF of OpenType - place it to Fonts folder (~/Library/Fonts, or /Library/Fonts).

You can find Plot Styles in "~/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2011/R18.1/enu/Plotters/Plot Styles/"

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

I thought I opened every subdirectory (folder) looking for either "support" or "fonts" and found neither.

Immediately under AutoCAD 2011 I find Materials 2011 with no other folders under AutoCAD 2011. Opening Materials 2011 I find what I expected, hundreds of useless materials if you just want to draw 2D lines and text..

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

AutoCAD.app does not appear to be a folder.

Message 5 of 7
madams76

Right click on the autocad application and select "show package contents", then you can browse to the directory noted above.

-Mike

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: madams76

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

if you have fonts in the correct fie format you should be able to find the path of the texts and then drop the exiting texts in there. if theyre the same file then autocad should read them. but leave it to autodesk to mess up stuff when they finally write something for mac. besides maya which isnt even theres technically. but it should work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost