AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad LT 2014 for Mac release today???

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
TheDirtFarmer
1314 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad LT 2014 for Mac release today???

I got an email from Autodesk this afternoon that AutoCad LT 2014 *FOR MAC* was available through my subscription for immediate download. Now, I've been waiting patiently for this upgrade for quite a while so I logged in immediately when I got home but...

When I successfully log in to the Subscription Center, all that is available to download is 2013! The email I got from Autodesk is legit, has all the correct serial numbers and such, so I'm totally at a loss. I even went through the help topics and troubleshooted my login to Subscription Center, but all is in order EXCEPT the download!

What gives? Anybody else get the email today? Anybody able to download the new version? Am I going crazy?

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

same issue here Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 13
pendean
in reply to: TheDirtFarmer

When 2014 for Windows became available, it was renamed Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 and only showed up at the bottom of the subscription download page away from ore opus downloads. Same perhaps?
If not, sit right until Monday and if it's not there ask within the Subscription Help (you paid for that help).
Message 4 of 13
maxim_k
in reply to: vishal.charles

I'm not aware of new release schedule, but:

On Apr 26 this year Micah Dickerson (product manager at Autodesk) said ( http://architosh.com/2013/04/autodesk-updates-architosh-on-whats-happening-with-autocad-for-mac/ )
"With AutoCAD for Mac we want to be more aligned with Apple’s OS X roadmap. We want to take better advantage of their software and hardware advances. The next version is coming…but like I said, we can’t say much more about that yet."

On October 22, there will be Apple event, where, I'm sure, the release new Mac OS - Mavericks will be announced.
So, probably,  Autodesk is preparing for new release of AutoCAD for Mac at the same date?

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 13
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Everyone,

Our apologies for the confusion with the email notification received.

AutoCAD LT for MAC 2014 has not been officially released yet thus the link in Subscription Center is still not available. It should be available anytime soon for all GEO's. 

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 6 of 13

What does GEO mean?  Was the email sent in error?  Will another email be sent wen it is correctly released?

Message 7 of 13

It's working now.  2014 has appeared and you can download it.

Message 8 of 13

I sure don't see it in my Subscription Center. Can you tell me where you found it?

Message 9 of 13

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

It should be in Downloads section of your Subscription account under "Autodesk AutoCAD LT".
You can also create Case with Software downloads problem, look for "Need Help? Contact Us" link at Downloads page.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 10 of 13

No joy, only showing the two Win versions no matter what platform I pick.

Message 11 of 13

I'm getting this error message when trying to open a Case file:

"To protect all customers from excessive usage and Denial of Service attacks, we limit the number of long-running requests that are processed at the same time by an organization. Your request has been denied because this limit has been exceeded by your organization. Please try your request again later."

Which I don't understand as we have never utilized the Contact Us or requested any info from Autodesk.

Strange indeed....

Message 12 of 13

If you have your Subscription serial number for Windows version of AC LT, you can use it for Mac version too (cross platform licensing), and download installer from Trial downloads page of AutoCAD LT.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 13 of 13

Thanks, Maxim. I'll give that workaround a try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost