Glad to hear, that you have success with "boderless" paper sizes! (Am I right?)
1. About various paper sizes lists - the list of paper sizes actually depends on what printer you select in Page Setup dialog, so if you change printer - list of paper sizes changes accordingly.
2. About localhost printer port - you should not to name your printer "licalhost" (also you can name it so). Instead you have to configure printer port as "localhost" to be able to use it in Mac OS without physically connecting the printer. Short description on "how to" (for Snow Leopard, for Lion, I think, the same except the name of Print & Fax pane):
- Open System Preferences, and select Print & Fax.
- Choose the + sign to add a new printer.
- Choose IP.
- In the Protocol pop-up menu, choose Line Printer Daemon - LPD.
- In the Address field, type in localhost. Type the name for the printer in the Name field (optional, you can use default "localhost" if you want )
- After Generic PostScript printer displays in the Print Using field, pick from list "Select printer software..." and choose some printer/plotter from list (I personally use HP DesignJet 450, as it has a lot of predefined paper sizes)
- Close out of the Print & Fax preference or Quit System Preferences.
Thankyou maxim, I've done as you say, but i have named the printer localhost. But one question: you said that i've to set a localhost printer if i want to print without the physical link between printer and mac. But when i print i always have printer off and i always save as pdf. i have always print with my Canon MX350 setted.
As soon as i click on page setup autocad (2012 for Mac) doesn't so much as freeze but just starts beeping at every key i press and not allowing to close out of the command. This also occurs when i try to edit an attributed block. I will note this even happens with brand new files i create. I don't want a work around I want a FIX!!
See file attachment of what the screen looks like.
We are a large office (60+ people) running both macs and windows all on Autocad 2012 so the page setups are universal between both platforms when seems to work until I try to change something. The other thing that sucks is the xrefs - even with relative paths.
So now I create my drawing in cad and run parallels to print. Typical Autocad crap for a $4000 dollar product. I feel like I just jumped back in time!! The only saving grace here is I have autosave every five minutes because the product sucks!
So steps I have done:
Reloaded autocad from Scratch
Purged all files
Created new files
Ran a Ram diagnostic
audit all the files
Within the Plot dialog box, as soon as I click on Edit Page Setup, Autocad (2012 for Mac) doesn't so much as freeze but just starts beeping at every key I press and not allowing me to access Edit Page Setup or close out of the command. I have to press Escape to close command.
I am trying to assign a .ctb file in the Edit Page Setup dialog box to print to PDF. But I cannot access it, and therefore, cannot print at all. This worked fine for the past 2 months or so, and just stopped today.
I notice others have had this issue, but did not see a solution on the forum. Please help! Thank you.
I think Resetting Application settings (on Application tab of Preferences dialog) or reinstalling AutoCAD with removing all user settings should help you.
I think also, that Edit Page Setup dialog box in your system is left out of the screen - on external monitor that was attached once to your Mac. Isn't it? Did you have attached external monitor ever?