AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD for Mac Crash at Launch

53 REPLIES 53
Message 1 of 54
Anonymous
6887 Views, 53 Replies

AutoCAD for Mac Crash at Launch

As soon as I launch AutoCAD it displays a loading screen for about 2-4 seconds and then crashes. It lingers in Activity Monitor for another 10 seconds but then disappears. 

Uninstalled and Reinstalled removing all saved folders both in my User Library and in my Hard drive Library folder. Tried downloading the file with Google Chrome and Safari. Still the same issue.

My computer also meets the minimum requirements.

13" Apple Macbook Aluminum Unibody - 5,1 (Bought November 2008)
Mac OS X 10.6.4
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
500 GB Fujitsu Hardrive with 153 GB of Free Memory
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M w/256 MB
1280x800 Display
Logitech Performance MX Wireless Mouse w/OS X Drivers (also works on
Windows 7x64bit Bootcamp Partition w/AutoCAD 2011 x64)

Sent Autodesk an email and all I got was this:

Thank you for contacting Autodesk.

Please try downloading using a different browser and also make sure that any background sessions are closed.

We have not received any issues regarding the download of the Mac version for Autocad.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions, or call us toll-free at 800-538-6401.

Best Regards,
Al Liwanag
Autodesk Partner Center Helpdesk

53 REPLIES 53
Message 2 of 54
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Exactly the same thing with my machine. I am on a Macbook Pro 4,1. My computer is not supported suprisely (I think it is still a strong computer) I thought that was the reason but clearly there is a kind of software problem also. Let's stick with ArchiCAD which works amazingly well on Mac OSX for years Smiley Tongue Sorry Autodesk but there is also VectorWorks.

Message 3 of 54
Anonymous

I have the same problem, the same model (5,1 etc...) but it really doesn't works, could please somebody help me?

Message 4 of 54
Anonymous

I have the same Problem also.

I'm using the Student version, it crashed after noticing it's student version and then gives me error report.

Message 5 of 54
Anonymous

Solved the problem guys. If your region is not selected US it wont work. Dunno why. From the international settings, adjust your region to US. It will work!

Message 6 of 54
Anonymous

i've tried to reinstall it with the US country, but it still crashes  😞

Message 7 of 54
igull

Sorry, mine has the same problem - even with the region set to US (surely a beta tester from another country would have noticed this issue ?)

Sits with splash screen saying loading ... forever.

13" Apple Macbook Aluminum Unibody - Oct 2008
Mac OSX 10.6.4
2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
500 GB Fujitsu Hardrive with 165 GB free
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
1280x800 Disp

Maybe it's a PC thing 🙂

I'll stick with VectorWorks.

Message 8 of 54
Anonymous

same problem...on my mac :

iMac 24'  - Oct 2008

Mac OS X 10.6.4

iMac8,1

Intel Core 2 Duo 3,06 GHz

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce  8800GS 512 MB

please help!

Message 9 of 54
Anonymous

The same problem here...

Message 10 of 54
Anonymous

Same problem here - MacBookPro 5,1

Message 11 of 54
Anonymous

only solution i found till now is:

go to system prefs / language & text and in the language bar choose/put english on first place, than after rebooting or re-log in it should work, it works for me perfectly fine but it is still very strange that I have to do that to make autocad work!!!!! 

Message 12 of 54
Anonymous

Switching OS X Language to ENG worked perfectly.

Thanks to tegin

Message 13 of 54
Anonymous

Yes, solved 🙂

It works now...

Thanks

Message 14 of 54
Anonymous

solved for me too 🙂 it works on hackintosh also!

Message 15 of 54
Anonymous

i wish i could say the same Smiley Sad  Still crashes at launch, although it responds quicker now (loading screen comes up quicker).

Message 16 of 54
Anonymous

I have the same problem, Autocad brings up the loading screen, bounces for a few seconds then nothing. I am using a brand new Macbook Pro 13" just out of the box. 

Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 6 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 320M

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, changed my language to English, my region to US. 24hours of mucking around and it still bounces in the dock, brings up the loading screen, then stops with no error message. Expensive software shouldn't be this difficult to use. Does anyone know is my graphics card is inadequate? Can anyone suggest anything else I can do?

Message 17 of 54
Anonymous

Are you sure that in the Language and text preferences English language is first on the list?

Message 18 of 54
Anonymous

It didn't work for me either... 😞

Message 19 of 54
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply - English language is at the top of the list, and I selected US as my region. I restarted afterwards, still no joy. 

Message 20 of 54
Anonymous

I solve the problem reinstalling the system from the beginning.

In my Macbook Pro the problem was Iphoto 8.1.2, in fact the first two times I didn't solve the problem because installing all the update Archicad still go in crash on the startup. On the third time I install everything leaving out Iphoto 8.1.2 and autocad start without problem.

I don't know if the real problem is Iphoto, but in this way I can work with archicad on my mac.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report